1. Beard G. Neurasthenia or nervous exhaustion. Boston Medical and Surgical Journal 1869; 3:217-220
2. Holmes GP, Kaplan JE, Gantz NM, et al. Chronic fatigue syndrome: a working case definition. Ann Int Med 1988; 108:387-89.
3. Buchwald D, Sullivan JL, Karmaroff A. Frequency of chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection in a general medical practice. JAMA 1987; 257-2303-2307.
4. Kroenke K, Wood DO, Mangelsdroff AD, et al. Chronic fatigue in primary care: Prevalence, patient characteristics, and outcome. JAMA 1988; 260-929-934.
5. Research News. On the track of an elusive disease. Science 1991; 254-1726-1728.
6. Ali M. Molecular basis of environmental illness. 1990. Syllabus of 1990 Instruction Course, American Academy of Environmental Illness. Denver, Colorado.
7. Ali M. Intravenous Nutrient protocols in Nutritional Medicine. 1991. Institute of Preventive. Denville, New Jersey.
8. Harman D, Eddy, DE. Free radical theory of aging: effects of adding antioxidants to maternal mouse diet on the lifespan of their offspring, second experiment. Age 1978; 1:162-168.
9. Tolmasoff J, Ono T, Cutler R. Superoxidase dimutase: Corelation with lifespan and specific metabolic rate in primary species. Proc Nat Acad Sci 1989; 77: 2777-2781.
10. Miquel J. Fleming J, Economos AC. Antioxidants, metabolic rate and aging in Drosophila, Arch Geriatral. Geriatr. 1982; 1, 159-163.
11. Cutler RG. Peroxide-producing of tissues: Inverse correlation with longevity of mammalian species. Proc Nat Acad Sci 1985; 82:4798-4810.
12. Hall B, Gutteridge JMC. Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine. Clarendon, Oxford, 1985.
13. Harman D. The aging process. 1981; Proc Nat Acad Sci USA; 78: 124-128.
14. Marguilis L, McMenamin M. Marriage of convenience: The motility of modern cell may reflect an ancient symbiotic union. The Sciences. Sept/Oct. 1990 pages 31-36.
15. Frie B, England L. Ames B. Ascorbate is an outstanding antioxidant in human blood plasma. Proc Na Acad Sci USA 1989; 86:6377-6381.
16. Pauling L. Evolution and need for ascorbic acid. Proc Nat Acad Sci. 1970; 67:1643-1646.
17. Ames BN, Saul RL, Schwiers E, et al. Oxidative DNA damage as related to cancer and aging: the assay of thymine glycol, thymidine glycol, and hydroxymethyluracil in human and rat urine. In: Sohal RS, Birnbaum LS, cutler RG, eds. Molecular Biology of Aging: Gene Expression. New York. Raven Press; 1985:137-144.
18. Cutler RG, ed. Molecular Biology of Aging: Gene stability and gene expression. New York: Raven Press 1985: 137-44.
19. Mitchell SC, Waring RH. S-oxygenase 111:human pharmacognetics, In: amani LA ed. Sulphur containing drugs and related organic compounds. Vol 11A Chichester; Ellis Harwood, 1989; 101-119.
20. Olumu P, Vickers C, Waring RH, et al, High incidence of poor sulphoxidation in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis. N Eng J Med. 1988; 318:1089-1094.
21. Bradley H. Emery P, et al. Reduced thiol methyl transferase activity in red blood cell membrane from patients with rheumatoid arthritis. J. Rheumatol 1991; 18(12):1787-1789.
22. Emery P, Panayi G, Huston G, et al, D-penicillamine induced toxicity in rheumatoid arthritis: the role of sulphoxidation status and HLA-DR 3. J Rheumatology. 1984; 11:626-631.
23. Gordon C. Bradley H, Waring RH, et al, Abnormal sulphur oxidation in systemic lupus erythematosis. Lancet 1992; 339:25-27.
24. Poland A, Knutson JC. 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin and related halogenated aromatic compounds: examination of the mechanisms of toxicity. Ann Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 1982; 22:517-554.
25. McKinney JD. Multifunctional receptor model for dioxin and related compounds toxic action: Possible thyroid hormone-responsive effector-linked site. Environmental health perspectives. 1989; 82: 323-36.
26. Bjorksten J. Cross-linkage in protein chemistry. Advances in Protein Chemistry. 1951; 6:343-381.
27. Cross CE, Halliwell B, Borish ET, Harman D, et al. Oxygen radicals and human disease. Ann Intern Med 1987; 107:526-545.
28. Thompsen AM. The oxidizing capacity of the earth's atmosphere: probable past and future changes. Science 1992; 256-1157-1165.
29. Tytgat J, Hess P. Evidence for cooperative interactions in potassium channel gating. Nature 1992; 359-420-423.
30. Ism LL, DeJongh KS, Patton DE, et al. Primary structure and functional expression of the B1 subunit of the rat brain sodium channel. Science 1992; 256-839-842.
31. Katz A. Molecular basis of calcium channel blockade. Am J Cardiol 1992; 69:17E-22E.
32. Ali M. Oxidative plasma membrane injury and magnesium. Environmental Physician. Summer 1992. American Academy of Environmental Medicine, Denver, Colorado.
33. Ali M. Experience with intravenous nutrient therapy for allergic patients with chronic fatigue. American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy Abstract Summer 1992; p 23.
34. Keyse SM, Emslie EA. Oxidative stress and heat shock induce a human gene encoding a protein-tyrosine phosphate. Nature 1992; 359:644-647.
35. Cambien F, Poirer O, Lecert L, et al. Deletion polymorphism in the gene for angiotensin-converting enzyme is a potent risk factor for myocardial infarction. Nature 1992; 359:641-644.
36. Miller C. Ion channel structure and function. Science 1992; 258:240-241.
37. Caliguiri M, Murray C, Buchwald D, et al. Phenotypic and functional deficiency of natural killer cells in patients with CFID. J Immunol 1987; 139:3306-3313.
38. Klimas NG, Salvato FR, Morgan R, et al. Immunologic abnormalities in chronic fatigue syndrome. J Clin Microbiol 1990; 28:1403-1410.
39. Targan S, Stebbing N. In vitro interactions of purified cloned human interferons on NK cells: enhanced activation. J Immunol 1982; 129: 934-935.
40. Suhadolanik RJ, Reichenbach NL, Sobol RW, et al. Biochemical defects in 2-5A synthetase/Rnase pathway associated with chronic fatigue syndrome with encephalopathy, In: The Clinical and Scientific Basis of Myalgic Enceplalomyeltitis/Chronic fatigue syndrome. Byron Hyde ed. Ottawa, Canada. The Nightengale Research Foundation.[Chapter 67] 1992-613-7.
41. Buchwald D, Cheney PR, Peterson DL , et al. A chronic illness characterized by fatigue, neurologic and immunologic disorders, and active human herpesvirus-6. Ann Int Medicine 1992; 116:103-131.
42. Linde A. Anderson B, Svenson SB, et al. Serum levels of lymphokines and soluble cellular receptors in primary Epstein-Barr virus infection and in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. The J Inf Dis. 1992; 165:994-1000.
43. Gupta S, Vayuvegula B. A comprehensive immunological analysis in chronic fatigue syndrome. Scan. J. Immunol 1991; 33:319-327.
44. Tiwar JL, Tersaki PI. HLA and disease associations. New York, Springer Verlag. 1985.
45. Teresaki P. In: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Goldstein J, ed. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Institute, Beverly Hills, CA 1990.
46. Ali M. Ascorbic acid reverses abnormal erythrocyte morphology in chronic fatigue syndrome Am J Clin Pathol 1990; 94:515 (Abstract)
47. Mena I. Study of cerebral perfusion by neurospect in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. Symposium on myalgic encephalomyelitis, page 21, Cambridge, England, April 1990. SPECT SCANS.
48. Salvato F, Fletcher M. Ashman M, et al. Immune dysfunction among chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) patients with clear evidence of Epstein-Barr (EBV) reactivation. J. Exp. Clin Cancer Res. 1988; (suppl) 7:89-91.
49. Okano M, Matsumoto S, Osato T, et al. Severe chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection syndrome. Clin Microbiol Rev. 1991; 4:129-135.
50. Dubois RE, Seeley JK, Brus I, et al. Chronic mononucleosis syndrome. South Med J. 1984. 77:1376-1382.
51. Jones JF, Ray CG, Minnich LL, et al. Evidence of active Epstein-Barr virus infection in patients with persistent, unxplained illnesses: elevated anti-early antigen antibodies. Ann Int Med 1985; 102:1-7.
52. DeFreites E, Hilliar B, Cheney P, et al, Retroviral sequences related to human T-lymphocyte virus type II in patients with chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome. Proc. Nat Acad Sci USA 1991; 88:2922-2926.
53. Oda T, Akaike T, Hamamoto T, et al, Oxygen radicals in influenza-induced paathogenesis and treatment with pyran polymer-conjugated SOD. Science 1989; 244:974-977.
54. Cases of AIDS-like illness (ICL) may double if chronic fatigue patients add. AIDS weekly 1992; September
55. Ali M. Ramanarayanan M. A computerized micro-elisa assay for allergen-specific IgE antibodies. Am J Clin Pathol 1984; 81:591-601.
56. Handbook of Toxicology Vol. 1. Spector WS. ed. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, 1956 Pages 184-5. 1956.
57. Yutsis P. Metabolic immunodepression and chronic fatigue. Pesented at the Spring Conference of the American College for Advancement in Medicine, Colorado Springs, CO. May 1992.
58. Singh A. Chemical and biochemical aspects of superoxide radicals and related species of activated oxygen. In Active oxygen and medicine (a symposium). Can J Physiol. Petkau A. Dhalla NS. Eds. 1982; 1330-1345.
59. Hunt JV, Dean RT, Wolff SP. Hydroxyl radical production and autooxidative glycosylation. Biochem J 1988; 256:205-212.
60. Denton SA. Fatigue - A lack of oxygen? Terf Momentum. Published by The Toxic Element Research Foundation, Colorado Springs, 1992.
Mold Testing & Sanitizer: