Green Living - Questions & Answers
......with Debra Lynn Dadd
Tuesday, June 9th, 2009:
Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
by Debra Lynn Dadd
Can you tell me if there is research or info in regards to the safety or harm in using propane lighting? We have all gas appliances and I wonder if we are slowly poisoning ourselves. I do keep windows open even in the winter... Thank you!!
All propane lights--and other appliances that burn natural or propane gas, kerosene, or wood--produce toxic combustion by-products to a greater or lesser degree depending on how complete the combustion is. You can find out the level of combustion by-products in your home with a carbon monoxide monitor. Carbon monoxide is only one of the combustion by-products, but measuring the level of this one by-product will tell you if you have low or high levels of all of them as a group. Anyone who burns gas, kerosene, or wood for cooking, warmth, or any other purpose should have a carbon monoxide monitor.
Learn more from Debra's bestselling book:
Please Help Support EiR with a Positive Google Review!
If you like EiR and / or enoyed this content; please help us keep going by leaving a Positive Google Review:
P.S. This is entirely secure, we collect no data other than what is freely available from Google and you can remain anonymous!
Mold Testing & Sanitizer: