Social Links

Follow on Facebook Follow on TwitterFollow EiR on PinterestFollow EiR on Instagram

Xpert Access


Login To Get Involved!

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?


Join Us At EiR Now!

DNRS Roof Banner


DNRS Interactive DVD Series & Seminars

3.3 Million Dollars Awarded in Mold Suit





MCS America

Lourdes Salvador's Column

...Co-founder of MCS America discusses the latest Multiple Chemical Sensitivity issues.









Lourdes Salvador volunteers as a writer and social advocate for the recognition of multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS). She was a passionate advocate for the homeless and worked with her local governor to provide services to the homeless through a new approach she created to end homelessness. That passion soon turned to advocacy and activism for people with MCS and the medical professionals who serve them. She co-founded MCS Awareness in 2005 and went on to found MCS America in 2006. She serves as a partner for Environmental Education Week, a partner for the Collaborative on Health and the Environment (CHE), and a supporter for the American Cancer Society: Campaign for Smokefree Air.


For more information visit MCS America




Monday, June 8th, 2009:


$3.3 Million Awarded in Mold Suit


by Lourdes Salvador



An Arizona court awarded $3.3 million to a Robin Minium, a Scottsdale woman who became disabled by mold infestation in an apartment she was renting.  Minium sued Pillar Communities LLC for failure to maintain the property in a condition suitable to human inhabitation.


The property was contaminated by numerous toxic molds from leaking pipes which the management failed to repair. 

Minium’s health gradually deteriorated to a significant impairment diagnosed as toxic mold exposure. 


When Minium learned about the mold infestation of mold from a neighbor, she moved into a hotel and was not able to recover any of her belongings.

Now permanently and totally disabled, Minium has suffered hair loss, cognitive impairment, and neurological problems related to her short-term memory and daily function.


Pillar Communities LLC was aware of the leaks and intentionally undertook remediation without notifying tenants of the danger the mold possessed.

The verdict was unanimous.


In another toxic mold case, New Haverford Partnership v. Stroot, $1.04 million was awarded to two tenants when the landlord failed to address leaks and mold problems in their apartments.  Both tenants suffered health problems.


An Ohio judge recently awarded the Costner family $3 million for improperly securing a foundation on the Costner home, leading to leaks and mold.


In moist conditions, mold often grows rapidly and may not be noticed initially. Mold can grow on most anything, but likes dark places that are often hidden from view.


Though some people are allergic to mold, mold can also cause toxicity which may lead to disability and permanent neurological damage.




For more articles on this topic, see: MCSA News.


Copyrighted 2009 Lourdes Salvador & MCS America



Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Forums








Related Articles:


Home Testing & Sanitizer:







  • No comments found

Leave your comments

Post comment as a guest

0 Character restriction
Your text should be more than 25 characters
Your comments are subjected to administrator's moderation.
terms and condition.

Adsense Responsive BottomBanner