A Blog For Those Affected By Environmental And Invisible Illnesses Written By Fellow Survivors
7 Health Benefits of Maca
There are many substances that nature provides us with to keep ourselves healthy and full of nutrition. Amongst one of those substances, an important one is a maca. It is a nutritious plant that contains a variety of nutrients that keep our bodies fit and healthy.
What is maca?
It is a plant that is commonly found in Central Peru and is grown as a vegetable crop in this region for the last 3000 years. It is from the same family as of radish and has a smell similar to that of butterscotch. The roots of this plant are used in the making of medicines. Sports Inside is always there to provide you with such nutritious edibles on just a few clicks.
It is taken orally for fighting against conditions such as anemia and also helps in the improvement of fertility. In addition to this, it also proves effective against sexual dysfunction, but this statement is not supported by any scientific pieces of evidence. It is also added to foods that are baked or roasted and also used in different varieties of soups. Moreover, it is also used to improve fertility in livestock.
Benefits of maca
1. It is good for the management of menopausal symptoms
This substance shows good results in the management of menopausal symptoms that appear in women. There is present anecdotal evidence that the active ingredients found in maca are effective in reducing the extent and repetitions of hot flashes.
2. It boosts energy
As you keep on using this substance, you realize that it leads to significant improvement in your energy levels. Moreover, it is also used for enhancing the stamina of a person. That is why athletes also add this substance to their diet to get improved results in their performances.
3. It also balances the hormones.
There are no such hormones present in this substance, but it is a natural source to maintain the hormones of the body. It is because there are many nutrients present in this substance that lead to the production of hormones by providing nourishment to the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
4. It is useful in muscle building.
The prime benefit of this substance is to have miraculous muscle-building features as it is a rich source of bioactive proteins. These proteins are specially meant for enhancing the natural muscle growth process. This is the reason behind the popularity of this substance among athletes and bodybuilders.
5. It improves memorization and learning skills.
The natives of Peru say that this substance has miraculous powers to enhance the learning skills of their children. Moreover, research carried out about animals also showed that this substance improves the concentration and memory of animals.
6. It is beneficial for bone health.
In old age, many people have to face bone issues such as osteoporosis, which is also known as the thinning of bones. This is because the bone mass and bone tissue grow older as you grow, which affects the overall health of bones. The presence of minerals in this substance, such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, and silica, is good for bone health.
7. It is healthy for the skin.
This substance is most famous for its super features to deal with skin problems. It is because this substance has proved working in treating acne and getting rid of blemishes. Moreover, this substance can also lower the sensitivity levels of your skin.
How to Use Maca?
- Maca powder dosage is very famous or it is also taken by filling in capsules.
- Powders are the perfect addition to smoothies or cereals, and some have even sprinkled it over baked goods.
- Typically, it's best to start with a small amount to determine your body's reaction to the powder.
- Then, you can build up to 1-3 teaspoons (depending on your body mass) to receive the full benefits.
- Additionally, it is important to note that adding this substance to something very hot will destroy the nutrients in the powder and diminish its beneficial effects.
- This substance, when added into hot coffee or into baked goods, helps mask the taste but defeats the purpose of consuming this superfood.
- Alternatively, supplements can be taken with or without food, depending on the sensitivity of your stomach.
- You can also opt for having maca tea.
To wrap it up!
Maca is a substance that is full of nutrients and healthy minerals. This is why its consumption provides a lot of benefits to our body. Other than a lot of its benefits, it is good for our skin and also improves bone health. But what you have to stay concerned about is to use it in the right way. Do not add it to things that are extremely hot, as it will ultimately destroy all the nutrients.