Chronic sinusitis is an extremely common and troublesome condition, yet symptoms are often dismissed as being due to the common cold or a bout of flu, even by medical doctors! The suggested treatment simply rest and painkillers...
I became interested in finding out more about chronic sinusitis and how best to treat it after becoming suspicious my wife was suffering from the condition. She was developing the telltale symptoms every month or two, and despite working as a teacher in a school where viral infections frequently infect much of the staff and student body, I couldn't believe she was catching every single infection going - every time.
Things began to fall into place when I read a highlighted statement on the website SinusitisWellness.com run by sinus specialist, Donald Dennis, M.D.
The statement reads:
"We believe the true cause of chronic sinusitis is an allergic reaction to MOLD. This has been medically proven for years, yet mainstream medicine has failed to embrace this approach. Research done by the Mayo Clinic in 1999, demonstrates that in 93% of Sinusitis cases the infections are symptoms of the Sinusitis not the cause. In fact, it they showed that it was exposure to an antigen (medical word for mold or fungi exposure) that causes the immune system to react thereby creating the disease."
So it seemed there was a strong case for mold being the true cause of chronic sinusitis! I took this possibility seriously and luckily was introduced to mold illness blogger Catherine Fruechtenicht whose hugely informative blog can be found at www.howicleanformold.com. Catherine and her family had been through it all with mold it turned out and she was kind enough to set out her simple treatment protocol that cured her own chronic sinusitis and has kept it in remission ever since.
I convinced my wife to follow Catherine's instructions and quit simply, it worked! Now, I'd like to share it with you also so you too can stop repeatedly struggling with the symptoms of sinusitis and actually get rid of it for good. So, here are the simple steps both Catherine and my wife Mandy have used to beat chronic sinusitis:
At Immediate Onset of Sinusitis
1. Obtain Neil Med or NasoPure nasal wash kits from pharmacy or online through links provided.
2. Use only distilled water and saline packets included to irrigate sinuses using the squirt bottle to wash out microbes (mold, bacteria), allergens and excessive mucus.
3. Refill squirt bottle with distilled water, 1 saline packet and 4 drops of CitriDrops natural antimicrobial remedy. Irrigate again.
4. Squirt 3x in each nostril with CitriDrops Nasal Spray. To really ensure mold other microbes are eradicated from the sinuses.
5. Start using Sinus Defense Sublingual Spray 3x per day as directed on the bottle. This product is a homeopathic, colostrum-based Transfer Factor used to "teach" the immune system to again react normally to mold, without excessive and chronic inflammation of the sinuses with all the symptoms of sinusitis that brings.
Maintenance to Prevent Flare-Ups
Use Sinus Defense everyday 2 x per day even when not experiencing sinusitis symptoms.
That's it! Follow these instructions and if you're like Mandy and our 'mold mentor' Catherine, you should see marked improvement and may never get infected again if done at start of congestion onset. Good luck!