A Blog For Those Affected By Environmental And Invisible Illnesses Written By Fellow Survivors
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures That Help Boost Your Self Esteem
Several medical conditions affect your appearance as well as your smile. This is where cosmetic dentistry comes in. It includes several dental procedures that can help restore your original smile and fix several dental issues. This is a field of dentistry that is aimed at bringing a positive change to your teeth and smile.
It is essential for oral health and also the overall health of the patient. There are many different types of cosmetic dentistry procedures like teeth whitening, dental veneers, dental bonding, etc. This article explains how cosmetic dentistry can help boost one’s self-esteem. It is a must-read for those considering visiting a dentist in Midlothian, VA.
How Cosmetic Dentistry can help boost Self Esteem
Almost all of us feel confident about our smile, however, in the case where a person has a medical condition that affects their smile it tends to be quite embarrassing and they are bound to get very self-conscious about it. A good smile happens to be one of the most desirable physical attributes of any person and often is a useful simple gesture to portray happiness, honesty, good health, and success. A minor dental issue can result in distorting the smile and thus reducing one's self-confidence.
There are many ways in which successful cosmetic dental surgery can boost one's self-esteem as listed here:
- A good cosmetic procedure like teeth whitening can help one look younger as well. This is especially true since our teeth tend to darken and become stained with age.
- It can help one appear healthier. People with healthier and more attractive teeth tend to appear healthier than those with stained teeth or those that have fillings.
- It is also a good method to ensure good oral health and fresh breath. This also makes one feel more confident especially when smiling.
- A good smile will also draw the attention of the right people. This in turn helps boost confidence and self-esteem and helps provide a feeling of happiness and contentment.
- A good confident smile is also contagious and resonates amongst the people around you. Besides helping an individual increase their level of self-esteem, it will also bring out the best in the people around you Popular Cosmetic Procedures offered by Dentists in Richmond, VA
There are many types of cosmetic dental procedures, some of the popular ones are listed here:
- Teeth whitening: This is one of the least expensive methods of improving your smile. It involves bleaching the teeth with special products and using special whitening products.
- Dental Veneers: This is wafer-thin and custom made shell that is used to cover the front surface of the teeth. It is a custom made shell of tooth-colored porcelain or resin. This involves removing half-millimeter of enamel from the surface of the teeth. and bending thin shells to the front of the teeth. It is useful to change the colour of the teeth.
- Dental Bonding: This involves using a putty-like resin which will typically be of the same colour of the tooth. This is applied to the tooth and also hardened using an ultraviolet or laser light. This helps bond the material to the tooth. This is a good method of fixing teeth that are chipped, cracked, or decaying and are a good alternative to losing the tooth entirely.
- Dental Crown: This is called a cap and is something that fits on a decaying or damaged tooth above the gum line. A crown is useful for a weak tooth.
- Inlays & Onlays: This is a method of indirect filling and is usually made from gold, porcelain, or other composite material. The filling is also called an 'inlay' and is bonded to the center of the tooth. It is called 'onlay' if it includes binding to multiple places of a tooth or covers the biting surface.
- Dental Implants: This process includes using a titanium replacement tooth root inserted into the bone socket. Once the jawbone heals it acts as a foundation for the replacement tooth.