A Blog For Those Affected By Environmental And Invisible Illnesses Written By Fellow Survivors
Treatment Of Runner's Toenail Infection Naturally
The best example of professional predisposition to toenail infection can be seen in runners. Training or participation in big events – both can lead to fungal infection which is most commonly known as toenail infection. The causative agent as we all know is a fungus, namely, dermatophytes.
We thought you may be interested in knowing, so...
Why are toenail more susceptible than fingernails?
- Bloodflow to our toes is less than our fingers, which makes difficult for our immune system to detect and cure the infection.
- Toenails remian inside the shoes for a long time hence provide an apt environment for the fungus to grow. The two reasons runners get this infection include excessive sweat and occluding footwear.
Now, coming to its cure...
One must remember that before treating the toenail fungus with any topical ointment or homne remedy, it is important to remove the thick layer of fungal biofilm. Only then, anything will penetrate the skin and produce relief.
Now lets run through some of the natural means of getting rid of the toenail fungus:
Apple Cider Vinegar
This amazing liquid has only one rival in terms of benefits that it provides – tea tree oil. Use it in the below given manner:
- Add some apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar) whichever you have at home into a tub full of warm water.
- The proportion to be used is 1:1. If it causes irritation, make it 2:3 and use it on alternate days rather than every day.
- One must do this at least for 3 months to get rid of the fungus.
Tea Tree Oil
The antifungal and antibacterial properties of the oil make it a perfect remedial essential oil for the infection. Use it in either of the following manners:
- Apply it directly on to the affected areas with the help of a cotton ball.
- Soak your feet in warm which has 4-5 drops of the essential oil. Let your feet in there for 15-20 minutes. Dry thouroughly.
Both the methods are equally good. Though there are organic tea tree oil wipes but they are better for cleaning nicks and cuts.
This oil should be used for its ability to disintegrate the cell membranes of the fungus.
Use it in the following manner:
- Apply a thin layer of the oil on to the affected area. Apply it 2-3 times in a day.
You will have to wash your hands in between the applications to ensure hygiene.
It is a staple product lying in our kitchen and often overlooked for its skincare benefits.
Ingredients: baking soda (one-half cup), 1/4 cup 3% hydrogen peroxide and one half cup of Epsom salt.
- Mix all the ingredients
- Add white vinegar 1/4 cup of white venegar
- Soak feet in the solution for 10 minutes
Do it two times in a day.
Oil Of Oregano
It makes for a fantastic cure for toenail fungus since it is all in one – antifungal, antibacterial, antiseptic, analgesic and antiviral.
What you need to do:
- Take two drops of oregano oil and one teaspoon of olive oil. Mix.
- Apply it on the affected part
- Let it stay there for half an hour.
- Rinse off
- Dry your feet
Do it two times in a day.
By following these methods, you can cure your toenail fungus. Try them and let us know the results.