A Blog For Those Affected By Environmental And Invisible Illnesses Written By Fellow Survivors
Vital Roles Of Vitamins In Our Body
Vitamins are very much essential for health. They help to prevent a variety of diseases like heart disease, high cholesterol, eye disorders, skin disorders and many more. There are many types of vitamins, all of which are vital for the health of the body:
- Vitamin A or Retinol for avoiding Eye disorders, acne, skin disorders, infections.
- Vitamin B1 for avoiding Beriberi, heart diseases, indigestion, body metabolism, blood circulation.
- Vitamin B2 for avoiding Cataract, skin disorders, body metabolism, immunity, nervous system, anemia.
- Vitamin B3 for avoiding Weakness, digestion, nervous system, skin disorders, migraine, heart disorders, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, diarrhea.
- Vitamin B5 for avoiding Stress, arthritis, infections, skin disorders, graying of hair, high cholesterol.
- Vitamin B6 for avoiding Diabetes, piles, convulsions, excessive menstrual bleeding, stress, insomnia, morning sickness, travel sickness.
- Vitamin B7 for avoiding Skin disorders, body metabolism, hair care.
- Vitamin B9 for avoiding Anemia, digestion, sprue, pregnancy, brain growth, skin disorders, gout, red blood cell formation.
- Vitamin B12 for avoiding Anemia, smoking, pregnancy, liver disorders, kidney disorders, mouth ulcers.
- Vitamin C for avoiding Eye disorders, cancer, scurvy, common cold, infections, diabetes, stress, high blood cholesterol, heart diseases, cancer, high blood pressure, kidney disorders, internal bleeding, piles, corneal ulcers, inflammations, lead poisoning, immunity.
- Vitamin D for avoiding Rickets, arthritis, tooth decay, bone repair, immunity, blood pressure, diabetes.
- Vitamin E for avoiding Anti-aging, skin care, heart diseases, blood circulation, sterility, brain function, menopause, painful menstrual cycles, eye disorders.
- Vitamin K for avoiding internal bleeding, blood clotting, billiard obstruction, osteoporosis, excessive menstrual flow, menstrual pain.
List Of Vitamin and Deficiency disease
Vitamin A: Night-blindness, Hyperkeratosis, and Keratomalacia
Food sources: Liver, orange, ripe yellow fruits, leafy vegetables, carrots, pumpkin, squash, spinach, fish, soy milk, milk
Vitamin B1: Beriberi, Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome
Food sources: Pork, oatmeal, brown rice, vegetables, potatoes, liver, eggs
Vitamin B2: Ariboflavinosis, Glossitis, Angular stomatitis
Food sources: Dairy products, bananas, popcorn, green beans, asparagus
Vitamin B3: Niacin, niacinamide
Food sources: Meat, fish, eggs, many vegetables, mushrooms, tree nuts
Vitamin B5: Paresthesia
Food sources: Meat, broccoli, avocados
Vitamin B6: Anemia peripheral neuropathy.
Food sources: Meat, vegetables, tree nuts, bananas
Vitamin B7: Dermatitis, enteritis
Food sources: Raw egg yolk, liver, peanuts, leafy green vegetables
Vitamin B9: Megaloblastic anemia and Deficiency during pregnancy is associated with birth defects, such as neural tube defects
Food sources: Leafy vegetables, pasta, bread, cereal, liver
Vitamin B12: Megaloblastic anemia
Food Sources: Meat and other animal products
Vitamin C: Scurvy
Food Sources: Papaya, Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Strawberries, Pineapple, Oranges, Kiwifruit, Cantaloupe, Cauliflower
Vitamin D: Rickets and Osteomalacia
Food Sources: Fish, eggs, liver, mushrooms
Vitamin E: Deficiency is very rare; sterility in males and abortions in females, mild hemolytic anemia in newborn infants.
Food Sources: Mustard Greens, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Kale, Almonds, Tropical Fruits like: papaya , kiwi, Red Bell Peppers, Broccoli , Olive oil, Tofu , Sunflower Seeds, Avocados, Squash & Pumpkin.
Vitamin K: Bleeding diathesis
Food Sources: Leafy green vegetables such as spinach, egg yolks, liver.
- No comments found