Social Links

Follow on Facebook Follow on TwitterFollow EiR on PinterestFollow EiR on Instagram

Xpert Access


Login To Get Involved!

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?


Join Us At EiR Now!

DNRS Roof Banner


New DNRS 2.0 Available NOW! Improved via Research & Patient Feedback.

Universal AJAX Live Search

Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Content
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks

Urgent Health Issues Regarding Invisalign Braces


Invisalign:  A Near Death Experience

I would like to tell my story of a near fatal experience wearing Invisalign braces. I was 54 years old at the time, and have always been active and in great shape. I didn't even take any medication, except, Estrogen.   I am, overly sensitive to chemicals and medications.  I might be one in a million to have such a sever reaction, but even if I help one other person I will feel good. 

My dentist said that it would take two years with Invisalign because my teeth were so crooked.  I started with them in November of 2007.  My dentist was proud of me because he knew I was very disciplined and kept them in the required time.  He said most people cheated and didn't wear them as many hours as suggested.

In early 2008 I started feeling poorly, tired, and achy.  I went to a Rheumatologist, because I thought I had Fibromyalgia, I knew my mom had it.  I was given blood tests and it was found that I had a slight hypothyroid condition.  That doctor sent me to an Endocrinologist.  I could not tolerate any of the medication that he gave me.  He said that I was a very interesting patient because my Thyroid levels kept going up and down. 

He sent me back to the Rheumatologist to see if maybe I had an autoimmune problem.  I took more extensive blood tests.  Nothing conclusive was discovered.

Meanwhile, I was getting worse.  I could barely get around. I was weak and so tender and achy; I had to get up from sitting very slowly.  My hair was falling out at an alarming rate, and was dull and straight.  My eyebrows were also falling out.  My vision was changing, my fingernails developed ridges and were curling up. I was unable to tolerate the heat. I had several acute spells where I literally thought I was going to die.  It felt as though my life force was completely draining out of me.

By April of 2009 I had completely baffled the doctors.  In early October of 2009, I was so scared.   I was also having issues with my indigestion.  Burping all the time, gas and a sever pain in my stomach. Also, at times my throat would feel like it was closing and I completely lost my appetite.

I decided to go to a gastrointestinal specialist.  He ordered an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy test, which I done the first part of November 2009. The results were negative.

 I was finally finished with the braces the last week of October 2009.

Only two weeks after finishing with the braces, I started to feel better.  By the third week in November, my hair was shiny and back to normal, I had energy, my stomach issues disappeared.  My nails were growing faster and looked normal.  I joined a gym, and in a couple of weeks I felt about 10 years younger. I was suddenly feeling better than I had before the Invisalign.

I was disappointed that no one could figure out what was wrong with me.  I started thinking what changed in my life in the last two years.  INVISALIGN !!!!  I started researching and found that some people had low levels of a toxic reaction.  I knew I was on the right track.  I found that some types of polyurethane contain cyanide, and when it breaks down the chemical composition changes.

It has been suggested that all dentists do a blood test to determine if the patient has a problem with plastics in dental appliances.  All the people who care about me say I should sue the makers of the product, but all I really want to do is to make people aware, and try and get some kind of sensitivity test for all patients considering all types of dental appliances.

Thanks for your time, please tell anyone you know about this issue.

Jollie Place