RELORA 9 years 4 months ago #1

• GEM
  • EiR Newbie
Hi -re Relora

First time user of site.

HAVE to say Matt, what an amazing forum/website you've
generated and extremely knowledgeable too. The message
part could do with 'spellcheck' tho' for people like me!:unsure:

Anyway i'm not going to go into details at mo as shattered and that's why i'm sitting on my bum looking
for more remedies.

Have had Fibro for 10yrs and had trials and tribs with
drugs & alternative therapies. With all this lot, a couple of years ago it 'bothered' my adrenals, but the
more i've tried to 'help' them the more stimulated they seem to get. i.e. homepathy and just recently reiki/healing stones. System went mental.

Already take decent vits, herbal remedies, but was searching for adrenal one. Alot out there but which are gentle enough. Don't want to go down the DHEA route yet as too sensitive, but the Relora by Natural
Sources seems a viable option (as it says to balance the hormones and hopefully nature may take it's own course in repairing) more so the one with
Theanine/Gaba. Can you please advise (or anyone) where
i can get them from as cheaply as poss'ish'. On e.bay
they've got 30 for £15.00-£25.00. Is this the best?
I see iHerb is advertised on your site, but i've never
ordered from America before and i haven't a clue on the conversion amounts.

Not a very exciting e-mail Matt but at least it's not
a 'taxing' one for you.:)

Many thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RELORA 9 years 4 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Gem,

First of all welcome to the site and many thanks for your kind comments!

The site really needs a complete re-design by a professional. I created the version you see now by myself 3 years ago to the best of my ability but it's not ideal by any means. Spellcheck in the forums is certainly something I'll make sure any new version gets ;)

I know exactly how you feel with each remedy/treatment you try causing further stimulation. This is the problem with adrenal fatigue. The nervous system is easily overstimulated when there is inadequate adrenal function to put the 'brakes' on things.

Very sensible to see DHEA as a last resort. It can be very helpful but as a steroid it obviously comes with a relatively high risk of side-effects.

I have certainly found Relora to have a calmative effect so would recommend you give it a go. £15-25 for 30 capsules/tablets is VERY expensive. I use iHerb both personally and on the site as you have spotted and you can expect to pay £10 for 90 there. Currently £1.00 is equal to roughly $1.50 but www.xe.com provides a simple calculator that gives up to date currency conversion rates.

The only problem with buying from the US if you live in the UK is the shipping cost (although currently very reasonable at iHerb) and customs duty and VAT that need to be paid - so these need to be factored into the price. Put simply if you are buying a single item then iHerb may not be cheaper than a UK source but if you place a larger order (perhaps for your multivitamin & mineral etc) then it certainly will.

You can check out the Relora products at iHerb by clicking the 'Buy Now' link on the [url=http://http://www.ei-resource.org/treatment-%11-herbal-remedies/herbs-m%11r/relora%ae-%11-phellodendron-amurense-and-magnolia-officinalis/]Relora Review Page [/url]here at EIR.

Apologies if it sounds like I am simply promoting iHerb for my own personal gain but I honestly have found them to have the largest range and cheapest prices online and have used them personally for 7 or 8 years. If I come across a cheap UK source of Relora products then I will certainly post a link!

Good luck and I hope to see you on the site again in the future. Take care :)
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:RELORA 9 years 1 month ago #3

• debg
  • EiR Newbie
Hi! I have adrenal fatigue and have been seeing dr Peatfield for the last year. After reading this site, I decided to try relora. I have been taking 750mg per day and have lost 8 lbs which was very unexpected and very welcome!
I was wondering,however whether or not there are side effects? I've been waking with a banging headache and now I'm aching all over! I also take t3 and nutria adrenals, so my other thought is that my adrenals have improved and I don't need the same levels of other stuff?
Any one else had problems with relora?
Debbie

Re:RELORA 8 years 2 weeks ago #4

• True
  • EiR Junior
  • Thank you received: 3
can someone help me with info for using relora? (Maff?)
I read that it can help with people who wake up during the night and cant get back to sleep due to high cortisol..

I have this very same sleep pattern and have high cortisol levels in the morning, late afternoon and night.

Yesterday was my first relora trial. I took one 250mg capsule (vitamin shoppe brand) at 4 pm and another before bed at 9 pm. I normally can go to sleep without any problem..but last night I could not go to sleep at all and finally got to sleep around 4 am! I did not feel relaxed at all in fact almost the opposite. Plus I had muscle aches (which I never have). I've never slept so poorly. I usually cat nap for at least 2-4 hours before I am wide awake and last night I was just wide awake the whole night.

What did I do wrong? Anyone?

Re:RELORA 8 years 2 weeks ago #5

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi True,

That is very strange that Relora had a stimulant effect, leaving you unable to get to sleep. In the studies I have seen that looked at Relora or its two herbal constituents all have found anxiolytic effects i.e. Relora reduces anxiety, at least acute anxiety. It is often compared to benzodiazepine tranquiliser drugs (e.g. Valium) in its effect...and this has been my personal experience when using it. I can't begin to speculate on why you might have had the opposite reaction. I have taken 250mg morning, afternoon and evening and found it to have a clear relaxing effect which aided sleep.

I have to say though that there doesn't appear to be any scientific evidence that it lowers night time cortisol levels. The company behind the formula claim their own studies show it reduces morning cortisol and raises DHEA but I don't think there is any further evidence to back this up. Having had success with DHEA myself I can say that Relora does not have the same effects on me and is certainly more akin to benzodiazepines.

Take a look at this study for a bit of background on Relora's effects - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2359758/

I don't think you are doing anything wrong...perhaps Relora is just not for you. Have you tried phosphatidylserine (PS) for lowering night time cortisol? This has more research behind it.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:RELORA 8 years 2 weeks ago #6

• True
  • EiR Junior
  • Thank you received: 3
thanks so much Maff for all the details and for responding so quickly. Funny I think I actually got anxiety from relora. I had such high hope. I am now afraid to try it again. Maybe on a weekend.

So can you tell me the correct way to take? Is it before bedtime..hours before bedtime. During the day when cortisol is high, morning when cortisol is high? Do you know how long after taking it that it reduces cortisol? I havent found much info online about how to use it.

thanks again!

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds