Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My thoughts and program

Re:My thoughts and program 9 years 11 months ago #13

• david
  • EiR Junior
Hi there, thanks for sharing your information and I admire your strength and perseverence. Could you tell me a bit more about Dr Peatman? I've done a quick google search but nothing really comes up. I'm looking for a UK doctor to help me with my adrenal fatigue. I noticed you said you had a list of potential practitioners and yet you are having to do so much of your own research etc which doesn't bode well for me and my search.. is it really THAT hard to find someone to treat this condition properly?:ohmy:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:My thoughts and program 9 years 11 months ago #14

• david
  • EiR Junior
Hi Maff and thanks for your helpful website! As you may have seen, I've posted a reply to Konnors thred about finding doctor.. I see you recommend not taking DHEA without being followed by an expert.. the illusive expert... are you able to recommend anyone? I've gathered I'm not going to find one in Bristol.. or Somerset..:unsure:

Re:My thoughts and program 9 years 11 months ago #15

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi David,

Yes, it's not easy finding an expert in this field unfortunately. I work with Dr. Sarah Myhill as she specializes in ME/chronic fatigue syndrome which I have had since age 12....adrenal fatigue is secondary to that and other factors in my case. Dr. Myhill is based in Wales and I live in Yorkshire so a lot of travelling involved for face to face appointments!

If you want to get in touch with her you can find her website at www.drmyhill.co.uk

I would also recommend all the doctors at Biolab UK in London - www.biolab.co.uk

Another doctor worth looking up is Dr. Barry Durrant-Peatfield who is based somewhere in the south (I forget exactly where sorry!). He is an expert on thyroid and adrenal problems (the two glands work together). Here is a great article he contributed to the site - The Diagnosis and Treatment of an Endemic Illness (Thyroid and Adrenal Dysfunction)

Finally you can use the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) website or www.nutripeople.co.uk to find a nutritional therapist registered with BANT and the Nutritional Therapy Council (NTC) who will be well versed in dealing with adrenal fatigue - including interpreting the adrenal stress index testing.

I hope this is useful.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:My thoughts and program 9 years 10 months ago #16

• mochi688
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Konnor,
Sorry to hear about your health issues. I am new to this site and is in search of more information about EI for my sister. She has been ill with EI for about a year starting from food allergies and now she is insomnic. The depression and anxitey kicked in big time after she was unable to sleep for days. Now, she is dependant on these meds. The major problem with these meds is that my sister said her brain chemistry has been altered (IE her brain has changed).
Perhaps, if you don't mind, could share how you deal with your insomnia.
Do you think insomnia is EI related?
My sister has chemical sensitivity, she is sensitive to paint, new carpet, new mattress, chemicals like perfume, water needs to be de-chlorinated, and many more.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Re:My thoughts and program 9 years 10 months ago #17

• konnor
  • EiR Senior
Insommnia is one of the most common EI symptoms with a huge range of causes.

If food allergies were the first symptom, looking into Candida and/or leaky gut might be an idea. Has she followed a rotation diet to help identify the food allergies?

I'm not qualified to comment much on the meds but there is a possibility they are simply masking symptoms and not dealing with the root cause. Side effects can also make a condition worse over time.

Does she have any other symptoms besides food allergies, insomnia and psycological problems? I'm not too familiar with MCS personally but from recent posts I've read on here there can a significant pyscological component.

I believe Maff saw some improvements to MCS when supplementing with DHEA based on a saliva cortisol test. Definately worth doing this test regardless to get a picture of what might be going on with the adrenals.

Good luck in your quest for your sister. Keep up the strength for her and I'm sure you will get the answers you need.

Re:My thoughts and program 9 years 8 months ago #18

• ring5100
  • EiR Newbie
Warm greetings Konnor from Oklahoma , USA.

This post which you wrote a while ago, caught my attention, as I to was a sugar, carb addict and that lead me to be hypoglycemic at age 27. Now I am 54 and because of not completley resolved eating habits and a life time of stress has me now in a severe stage of adrenal burnout.
I was courious as to how you are doing now? Have you had any benefits with some suppliments and protocal lately? I especially wondered about the \"LipoNano C\"
by the Suppliment Clinic. ? I am thinking of trying this, as I was very impressed with the webpage.

Happy trails, Pauline<br /><br />Post edited by: ring5100, at: 2010/01/15 05:46

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds