Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Testing for Adrenal Fatigue

Re:Testing for Adrenal Fatigue 10 years 1 week ago #7

• david
  • EiR Junior
Thank you so much for your very clear and helpful reply. I understand much better now. I'm thinking of having the test done by Dr Myhill, she seems so knowledgable and helpful from her website. Also I'm keen on the letter she'll send my GP with recommendations. Such a pity she can't take on any new patients though...but if that means she can give the patients she does have higher quality treatment, that's a good thing!

As I haven't been officially diagnosed with this condition yet, I wonder if I should get health insurance now before having the test? Hmm lots to think about.

PS.I found that post I lost by the way.. by accident.. (it was in a totally different place to what I remembered!:blush: )
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Testing for Adrenal Fatigue 10 years 1 week ago #8

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
No problem, I'm glad it helped. Also I can certainly recommend Dr. Myhill. I have been a patient of hers for a number of years. She is very knowledgeable and has a large and efficient staff so everything will be done quickly and professionally I can guarantee it!

To be honest with the conditions we're dealing with here health insurance is very unlikely to cover worthwhile treatments (if any at all)!

No worries about losing your earlier post. We're on the right subject now anyway ;)
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:Testing for Adrenal Fatigue 10 years 3 days ago #9

• david
  • EiR Junior
Hello all
I've ordered my Adrenocortex Stress Profile test (Salivary) from Dr Myhill in Wales .... watch this space!
Apparently I may be able to get the results back by Christmas.
Hope so.. and hope the results may be my first step to getting better. Who knows.
Best wishes to you all:)

Re:Testing for Adrenal Fatigue 9 years 11 months ago #10

• david
  • EiR Junior
Still awaiting my results:( But just writing to wish you all a wonderful festive season.

Re:Testing for Adrenal Fatigue 9 years 11 months ago #11

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi David,

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you too. I hope you're having a good festive season so far :)

Shame you didn't get your ASI results yet. They usually have a turn around of about 2 weeks from when you send the samples off to getting the results back from Dr. Myhill in my experience. Of course Christmas post slows things down!

Let us know the results when you get them. If you have a scanner you can post the images in this forum thread or in an individual blog entry.

Have a good week!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:Testing for Adrenal Fatigue 9 years 10 months ago #12

• david
  • EiR Junior
Hello Maff, thanks for the reply, hope you are ok.

Finally got my results back with a great letter explaining the results from Dr Myhill. My Cortisol levels are fine throughout the 24hrs but my DHEA levels are extremely low thoughout the 24hrs.

She suggested taking 25 mg a day of DHEA (from Pharmwest) sublingually (I've been opening the capsule & putting the powder under my tongue) and I've been doing that for 3 days. She said that due to my age (36), I'll probably need to keep taking this indefinately. Starting to feel a little better I think.. the brain fogginess seems better at least.

In my medical questionnaire to Dr Myhill I said I was taking 25mg Pregnenolone just on very bad days. But while I was waiting for my results (which were very delayed) in the end, I started taking it everyday as it seemed to be the only thing to help.
In her letter she hasn't mentioned the Preg and I'm not sure whether to stop taking it? I know the risk of taking it too often is that you stop making your own but presumably, the same applies to the DHEA and if I need to take that long term anyway...
Your views please if poss! :-)

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds