Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A stressful day ahead for my adrenals:-(

A stressful day ahead for my adrenals:-( 9 years 11 months ago #1

• david
  • EiR Junior
Hi there all
I have recently (through my own research)decided that it must be adrenal fatigue that I've been fighting against for nearly 19 years.
Knowing this, I have an 'unavoidable' extremely stressful day coming up this Sunday.. physically and mentally. Can anyone suggest something specific to take on the day or leading up to it which will help protect my adrenals/ minimise the stress? I'm already taking Nutri Adrenal Extra.
Thanks in advance:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:A stressful day ahead for my adrenals:-( 9 years 11 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi David,

Welcome to the forums :)

Although symptoms are a good indicator of adrenal fatigue there is a simple test you can do at home that is relatively inexpensive to confirm the diagnosis. It involves collecting saliva samples at set times throughout the day and then posting them to a lab. The lab then tests the samples for the adrenal hormones cortisol and DHEA. The test is known as the Adrenal Stress Index test.

With regards to your upcoming stressful day there are a number of things that may help. Vitamins C and B5 (pantothenic acid) are vital for healthy adrenal glands and optimal function. Doses of vitamin C of 5g per day from now through Sunday may help. Pantothenic acid doses of 500mg per day are also fine and may be helpful.

More likely to help quickly and noticeably are a group of herbs known as 'adaptogens' with ginseng being a good example. These can help you cope with stress, improve your mood and increase energy levels even when taken once on the stressful day in question. They have a stimulating effect like caffeine but without the side-effects.

Other things you can do are to learn deep breathing and relaxation techniques that you can use leading up to the day and throughout the day itself. Search for these online and you should find a lot of information.

Also important is to get an early night and a good nights' sleep on Saturday night.

To learn more about adrenal fatigue and other treatments have a look at these:

Adrenal Fatigue/Adrenal Exhaustion - page here at EIR

Adrenal Fatigue - by Dr. Michael Lam, MD.

Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome - a book by expert Dr. James L. Wilson, DC, ND, PhD.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:A stressful day ahead for my adrenals:-( 9 years 11 months ago #3

• david
  • EiR Junior
Thank you so so much for all the very useful information. I didn't have a lot of hope for such a quick reply and so detailed and thorough. How do you find the time I wonder. I have terrible 'brain fogginess' and really struggle to concentrate reading and writing, everything takes me so long to put together.
Really, thank you and I feel more positive now and will start to make contact with those you have suggested and take your advice for Sunday and I will pass on any discoveries I make in my quest to come out the other side
:)

Re:A stressful day ahead for my adrenals:-( 9 years 11 months ago #4

• konnor
  • EiR Senior
Not much more to add.

Biochemically there isn't alot you can change in a few days, however vitamin C and B vitamins can help. In my experience some magnesium can also act as a calming agent.

Well known herbs like Chamomile and valerian may help if you are able to drink teas during this 'event' you have scheduled.

Other than that the most effective short term stress reducer will come from the mind. If you notice stress coming on try tuning out for a few minutes and concentrating on deep breathing. Try to stay positive and ignore negative thoughts, even if you are getting a hammering from other people and/or your environment. A positive frame of mind will not only help deflect stress, but will also open you up to ideas and solutions to the problems you may be facing at the time.

And remember, 'This too will pass'

Good luck.

Re:A stressful day ahead for my adrenals:-( 9 years 11 months ago #5

• david
  • EiR Junior
thanks konnor, i'll be needing it!

Re:A stressful day ahead for my adrenals:-( 9 years 11 months ago #6

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
No problem David, we're always happy to share what we know and offer help where we can.

I personally manage to do what I do almost entirely through the power of stubborness! I also have terrible brain fog and trouble concentrating and focusing. It takes me a long time to get things done but I just keep pushing myself until I finish (not recommended when you're ill ;) )

I have also found things to help over the years of course - some of which I mentioned in my previous post.

All the best for Sunday and let us know how you are next week and we're always here if you have any more questions.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds