Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: systemic nickel allergy

systemic nickel allergy 11 years 3 months ago #1

  • isa
  • isa's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • EiR Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: 1
HI I AM 14 YEARS OLD, I HAVE A STRANGE ALLERGY IS CALLED SYSTEMATIC NICKEL ALLERGY AND IT IS HORRIBLE BECAUSE I CANT EAT, DO OR WEAR A LOT OF THINGS, I REALLY NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP, BECAUSE ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY AND ITS MAKES ME FEEL VERY BAD AND DEPRESSED, I SUFFER A LOT WITH THIS ALLERGY.

ALL MY LEGS DON'T HAVE A PIECE OF SKIN EVERYTHING IS JUST BLOOD AND HORRIBLE

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE ANSWER MY MESSAGE I REALLY NEED IT

I NEED A DOCTOR AND A NUTRICIONIST PLEASE ANSWER MY MESSAGE

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
The administrator has disabled public write access.

 

 

Re:systemic nickel allergy 11 years 3 months ago #2

  • Maff
  • Maff's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 896
  • Thank you received: 21
  • Karma: 17
Hi Isa,

Thanks for contacting me privately and posting here in the forums. I hope we can help you.

I'm so sorry to hear how bad your condition is. When I was your age I also couldn't eat a lot of things due to allergies so I have some idea of what you're going through but my situation was certainly not as severe as yours.

You definitely need to get professional medical help as soon as possible. I'm sorry to say my Spanish isn't good enough to review websites in South America but you could contact the American Academy of Environmental Medicine as they have a list of doctors treating conditions such as yours in North America and may also have contacts closer to you in Ecuador.

Another organisation I'd recommend you contact is the MELISA Foundation. They developed the test which is used to test for metal allergies (including nickel) and they will also know the best doctors to treat the problem.

Doctors may be able to give you shots to neutralize the allergy.

I have just come across some research which suggests taking nickel sulfate by mouth has been able to desensitize patients to nickel as well. This means you would be able to tolerate nickel again and not have to avoid it so strictly! This would definitely be worth talking to a doctor about. The article is here: http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=0378-6323;year=2007;volume=73;issue=5;spage=307;epage=312;aulast=Sharma.

I hope this helps Isa. If anybody else can offer more help then please reply as soon as you can.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nickel allergy ? > Suggest AVOID. 10 years 9 months ago #3

Top 10 Causes of Skin Allergy

Jewelry Metals, Fragrances, Cosmetic Ingredients Top List

March 8, 2006 -- Jewelry metals and fragrances top the list of substances most likely to cause serious skin rashes, Mayo Clinic dermatologists report.
When you get a skin rash after contact with an allergy -causing substance (an allergen) doctors call it allergic contact dermatitis. It can be a devastating condition, says Mayo's Mark D. P. Davis, MD.

\"Patients with contact dermatitis can get a very itchy rash from head to toe, or in a confined area,\" Davis says, in a news release. \"If it's on the hands and feet it can be disabling, and patients at times can't do their jobs.\"

How do you know what causes your itchy rash? Using a panel of common allergens, doctors put a small amount on a patch of skin and see whether there is a reaction. It's called patch testing.

Davis' and other Mayo researchers patch tested more than 1,500 patients with a series of up to 73 allergens in their study.

The top 10 culprits:

· Nickel (nickel sulfate hexahydrate). A metal frequently encountered in jewelry and clasps or buttons on clothing.
· Gold (gold sodium thiosulfate). A precious metal often found in jewelry.
· Balsam of Peru (myroxylon pereirae). A fragrance used in perfumes and skin lotions, derived from tree resin.
· Thimerosal. A mercury compound used in local antiseptics and in as a preservative in some vaccines.
· Neomycin sulfate. A topical antibiotic common in first aid creams and ointments, also found occasionally in cosmetics, deodorant, soap, and pet food
· Fragrance mix. A group of the eight most common fragrance allergens found in foods, cosmetic products, insecticides, antiseptics, soaps, perfumes, and dental products.
· Formaldehyde. A preservative with multiple uses. It's found in paper products, paints, medications, household cleaners, cosmetic products, and fabric finishes.
· Cobalt chloride. Metal found in medical products; hair dye; antiperspirant; objects plated in metal such as snaps, buttons or tools; and in cobalt blue pigment.
· Bacitracin. A topical antibiotic.
· Quaternium 15. A preservative found in cosmetic products such as self-tanners, shampoo, nail polish, and sunscreen or in industrial products such as polishes, paints, and waxes.

Davis reported the findings at this week's annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology in San Francisco.

When a patch test is positive, the best thing for patients to do is to Avoid the substance to which they are allergic. Treatment with corticosteroid cream can help -- but 3% of patients are allergic to the cream, Davis says.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:systemic nickel allergy 9 years 10 months ago #4

  • cinsim
  • cinsim's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • EiR Newbie
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
I may be a couple of years too late with my post, but I wonder if you had braces or any orthodontic appliances during this time. My son had an orthodontic \"palette expander\" and braces put on. Soon after he developed stomach ulcers and had severe stomach pain. It took me lots of research & prayer to discover that the braces contained nickel. They were made of NiTi - which is 55% nickel. I then tested his blood serum and it showed he was hypersensitive to nickel. We finallly had the braces removed and the ulcers began to heal. His situation is different from yours because he has had no other problems with nickel in food, etc. since we removed the braces. Thought this might be another way you were being exposed to nickel without realizing it. Keep researching and I pray you will find an answer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

 

 

Re:systemic nickel allergy 9 years 10 months ago #5

  • isa
  • isa's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • EiR Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: 1
Thank You,

yeah i used to have braces , when i found out that i was allergic to nickel i took them off. I made a patch test which is a test that consists in some patches they could be 30, 80, etc, which each patch contains different chemicals substances or metals.
So i guess your son has contact nickel allergy which i guess you know that he cant touch or use anything that contains nickel.
I know that he doesn't has my problem but i suggest you for your son to eliminate from his diet peanuts, all kind of nuts, chocolate, cacao, tomato, because those are the things that contain more nickel i know he doesn't reacts to it but if he has the contact allergy if he exposed so much to nickel he could maybe develop my allergy which is so awful.

take care and your son too.


PS: If you wanna know anything about it just send me an e-mail whenever you want

my email is: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Post edited by: isa, at: 2010/02/01 23:29<br /><br />Post edited by: isa, at: 2010/02/01 23:45
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:systemic nickel allergy 9 years 10 months ago #6

  • isa
  • isa's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • EiR Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: 1
Thank You,

yeah i used to have braces , when i found out that i was allergic to nickel i took them off. I made a patch test which is a test that consists in some patches they could be 30, 80, etc, which each patch contains different chemicals substances or metals.
So i guess your son has contact nickel allergy which i guess you know that he cant touch or use anything that contains nickel.
I know that he doesn't has my problem but i suggest you for your son to eliminate from his diet peanuts, all kind of nuts, chocolate, cacao, tomato, because those are the things that contain more nickel i know he doesn't reacts to it but if he has the contact allergy if he exposed so much to nickel he could maybe develop my allergy which is so awful.

take care and your son too.


PS: If you wanna know anything about it just send me an e-mail whenever you want

well Im sending you one of my best pics when my legs were healing ( all my body was worst than that but now if much better)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

 

 

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

 

Related Articles:

 

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds