Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need help, been suffering for two years.

Need help, been suffering for two years. 6 years 10 months ago #1

• eric2032
  • EiR Newbie
Hey new to this forum so bear with me here. Im 25 years old and have been suffering from worsening food and chemical sensitivities as time goes on.

It started with me getting sick ALL OF THE TIME about two years ago, granted i was running my body into the ground with alcohol, excessive exercise and stimulant use, general poor diet (body building diet), and lack of sleep. Everytime i got sick i ended up at the doctors for an anti-biotic, and this cycle repeated and i just chocked it up to having a bad immune system.

Fast forward a few months and something just, snapped. My body broke out in horrible painful hives, my mouth filled with cancre sores and my tonsils swelled to the point where they were sitting on my tongue, it was a nightmare. Something literally just gave out and it was like my body was under attack. it took a MONTH to get over that, and the doctors i saw had no idea what happened.

Since then things have just not been the same. I would get tonsil stones and full glands everytime i had a beer, so i removed beer. Then i noticed it happening whenever i ate wheat, so i removed wheat. Then grains. Then dairy (born lactose intolerant if that helps) until finally i was following a full Paleo style diet. No Legumes, no dairy or grains / wheat. Ive been doing Paleo for about 6 months now and i havent been sick anymore, but whats strange is now my food intolerance is OUT OF CONTROL. it started with certain sauces, then certain chemicals, it got to the point the only thing i could eat was meat and vegetables (not always organic) and i was STILL having reactions. Up until about last month, literally everything was bothering me.

The reactions are instant, within seconds to minutes of ingesting something and it happens with almost anything minus most vegetables. Sugars, and most citrus fruits give me this reaction as well unless i eat them with something else in my stomach. Grapefruit on an empty stomach has literally wrecked me for 3-5 days. Basically it starts with my ears feeling like they need to pop, and then it goes to full on debilitating head pressure. Its intense to the point i cant think straight and i start fumbling my words and sentences. After about 30-45 minutes the pressure subsides but leaves me feeling incredibly weak and fatigued. This weakness and lack of energy lasts for DAYS, slowly getting better each day until i have another attack. I have enough energy to get through my day but i can no longer exercise as it feels like someone is sapping 60% of my energy and power. At most i can do one set of weight lifting while resting constantly. The reactions also completely shut off my sex drive, and effect erection strength. This also gets better as the days go on but it never really gets perfect, its like constantly having the flu.

I have been to an allergist (not allergic to anything through scratch tests as well as blood tests), an ear nose and throat doctor that wanted to remove my tonsils, 3 different general practitioners, an endocrinologist (thyroid and adrenals all okay), and a nutritionist that tried fixing me with homeopathy which.. I dont really believe in. Still i ran his suggestions and still no luck. All of that money down the drain for everyone of those people to tell me im fine. and that this is all likely in my head.

For a recent picture, ive been juice fasting on organic juice through my masticator. I am on my 8th day and although i feel a lot better, all it took was for one grapefruit based juice to COMPLETELY WRECK ME and bring me back to square one. I dont want to do a juice fast if its not going to help at all, because i am extremely hungry. They say to give it 2 weeks to a month, but if after all of that im still reacting to things what was the point?

Im open to trying anything to help me here, i have a hunch that this could be parasite / candida / Leaky Gut related due to the anti biotics and general treating my body poorly for a long time, but if that was the case wouldnt the reactions happen a little more delayed? As food passes into my intestines? not the second it comes into contact with my stomach?

Please i need help, i am literally out of options i have tried so much.

Eric
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Need help, been suffering for two years. 6 years 10 months ago #2

• eric2032
  • EiR Newbie
Shameless self bump :|

Re: Need help, been suffering for two years. 6 years 10 months ago #3

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
Eric, sounds like you need some serious diagnostic tests to start with! Whereabouts are you? Have you had all the mainstream tests done? There are rare disorders like porphyria, liver disorders, mastocytosis which have v similar symptoms to MCS and allergies ....and possibly you may have leaky gut etc., but you seem to have a lot going there it would be good to get some tests done.

There's some treatment ideas on this site
www.ei-resource.org/treatment-options/tr...nsitivity-treatment/
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Jodie.

Re: Need help, been suffering for two years. 6 years 10 months ago #4

• Jodie
A useful link for referrals to alt. practioners in the US

aaemonline.org

More info groups which are currently active

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/GreenCanary/
mcs-america.org
planetthrive.com
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Jodie.

Re: Need help, been suffering for two years. 6 years 9 months ago #5

• eric2032
  • EiR Newbie
Hey thank you for your reply. So ive been to a bunch of doctors but i think the only one that did any testing outside of the normal blood work was the allergist who checked for autoimmune diseases specifically, all of which came back negative. All of my other blood work came back normal but this was about a year ago. The thing is, when i dont eat or when i fast, i feel amazing. This is one hundred percent related to food i consume, and at this point im practically a vegetarian :|

Im actually going to a doctor today at 1030, i know western medicine has been Zero help so far but is there anything you think i could have them test for? My insurance covers all diagnostic labs.

Re: Need help, been suffering for two years. 6 years 9 months ago #6

• Jodie
Hi, well the above 3 (liver disease, Porphyria, Mastocytosis) certainly mimicked my symptoms but i had to find out about them myself & have them ruled out; had to do my own research, go in to docs with lists of symptoms, research etc, they would say 'oh no that's very rare', well HELLO yes they're very rare but obviously what I was suffering was ALSO very rare, since 6 years of mainstream tests had got me nowhere. So I had to push for them. But how well they match exactly what's happening to you and the rest of your medical history, I don't know. Got to be worth mentioning to your docs tho..

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds