Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Body ecology & fecal transplant

Body ecology & fecal transplant 9 years 2 months ago #1

• Dechen
  • EiR Expert
  • Thank you received: 2
I am attaching this article - here is the link. About fecal transplant and the presence of bacteria in all our organ systems...

www.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/science/13mic...agewanted=1&_r=1

Am also thinking about fecal transplant, now that crypto has come back.

Attachment Microbiodome.doc not found

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Body ecology & fecal transplant 9 years 2 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Thanks so much for posting this Dechen!

Very interesting reading. Especially the fect that these researchers were able to conduct genetic analysis the patients' gut microbiota before and after the fecal transplant and see exactly how profoundly the treatment changed its composition for the better.

I am also still considering fecal transplant as part of a comprehensive treatment approach and am encouraged by the fact that by all accounts when this approach works - it works VERY well! Obviously there are undoubtedly cases in which it does not help and these are not reported on but it seems worth exploring.

Thanks again and good luck with the crypto. Are you sreceiving the same treatment that was effective for it the last time?
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:Body ecology & fecal transplant 9 years 2 months ago #3

• Dechen
  • EiR Expert
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Maff,

First of all, congratulations on your Bsc with Honors! Bravo! I guess now you can really help others in a very specific, meaningful and effective way.

I left you a message on the other thread, did you see it? Well I guess that doctor's answer must be nothing new to you.

In any case, yes the recurrence of cryptosporidium for me was a major major catastrophe. I spent days crying, spiralling into suicidal thoughts - hating that new place I moved to with all these red mountains.

The fact is, the oocysts are indestructible - so once they are in your system, it is impossible to get rid of them, unless you got a super strong immune system, which I don't. One doctor from SCNM came to my new house (in Sedona) and explained that these oocysts integrate practically with the mucous membrane of the small intestines... I asked how do you get them out of there? He was without an answer.

All articles and research I do point to the fact that crypto is the hardest parasite to get rid of - and naturopathic physicians here concur. It is very very depressing to read that there is no efficient treatment for cryptosporidium. Some articles say that.

This recurrence was very unexpected for me, as I was feeling on top of the world, and didn't ever think I could get sick again.

I am waiting for a stool test - but I don't need it to tell me what my body already knows - actually all the lymph nodes in the groin, behind the knees, in my neck, are swollen. And my gut is ever so painful. I feel lousy. In Aids patients, cryptosporidium can migrate to the lungs and gallbladder - the two other trouble spots in my body. So of course, am really worried.

Doctors have talked to me about UV blood irradiation. Ok then, I'll try. But the thing is, I have run out of money - sank an inheritance, and half my life savings into this health battle, and am at the end of my wits. And one UV blood irradiation treatment is 150$. I don't know how many I would need.

I hate this parasite, and if I ever go back to Bkk, I'll sue the daylights out of this goddamn 5* hotel where I caught this. It has completely destroyed my life.

Anyways, yes, I am back on Chaparro Amargo, and it seems to be working again; doctor said that he doubt the parasite could become resistant to it, because it is such a strong antimicrobial. I'm also back on VSL#3.

But maybe I should also consider a fecal transplant, and restore my bowels immunity. I can't imagine being able to afford it in the bloody US though.

Well glad you're back. Sorry news are not better. This was totally discouraging, especially after feeling so good.

Well welcome back anyways. Let's hope they really develop fecal transplant and make it popular! Like ice cream.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds