Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: tests and progress update

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 9 years 1 month ago #13

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi John,

Thanks for the update!

Have you started taking Epsom salt baths yet? I really benefit from those. The magnesium provides rapid relaxation that no other form of magnesium does for me and studies have shown the sulphate is well absorbed through the skin so should be helping with detoxification and structural integrity of tissues.

It seems reasonable to rely on the PC to increase glutathione levels from the research I have seen. PC should support the health and function of hepatocytes and other cells and thus their ability to produce adequate amounts of glutathione. Search for PC and phosphatidyl choline in combination with liver disease at www.pubmed.com to see how beneficial it can be to detoxification.

It sounds like your doctor's recommendations are following the Detoxx Protocol pretty closely. I believe the butyrate is an alternative to the drug cholestyramine recommended by Dr. Richie Shoemaker in that it binds to biotoxins in bile and aids in carrying them out of the body rather than them being reabsorbed.

Good to hear you are not expected to strictly make sure your entire diet has the correct ratio of fats. I am happy to hear that for myself as well since I will be following the diet when I begin IV PC in a couple of weeks.

I am also planning on having all the tests that you had from Acumen since the prices are so reasonable, compared to those from other labs. It will be very interesting to compare our results!

Sorry to hear you are not doing so well at the moment. I think you are doing the right thing by taking things slowly. I have given in to impatience in the past and regretted it so it's wise to take things step by step and closely monitor changes - good and bad.

I will have to look into apolalactoferrin and arabinogalactus as I've not come across those before - although the names give me some idea.

I hope things improve for you soon. Stay in touch ;)
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 9 years 1 month ago #14

Hello Maff
After a horrible week last week, I'm getting back a bit of normality now, thank God! I'm pretty sure that last week's problems were due to die off from finally going the whole hog on the Detoxx diet and finally cutting out sugar. I've had similar reactions before to changes in diet, I guess the toxins just overwhelm the system.

I've just been looking into Lactoferrin - one to the supplements I've been given. It seems it's a component of whey protein and 'enhances immunity' and I guess I've been given it because I have v low SIgA levels. But I'm really chuffed to find that it apparently is a very good glutathione booster - and I have a very strong hunch about glutathione's role in my problems, and am keen to do things to raise it. See www.lef.org/magazine/mag2000/oct2000_report_lactoferrin.html

I know that Bolam56 elsewhere on this site says that he used NAC and TMG to boost his glutathione whilst doing phospholipid exchange. Do you think it's necessary to take lots of different bits to raise glutathione, or should one stick with one?

I hope you don't mind me picking your very knowledgeable brain, but I have a couple of questions:
my glutathione-s-transferase test showed that there is something faulty with it. Do you think that this then renders glutathione useless, as the g-s-transferase is supposed to bind the toxins to it? Also some of my zn/cu SOD is blocked by a DNA adduct - do you think that also renders it useless. And if both of these two are knackered, would that mean that my natural detox capabilities (especially brain) are seriously compromised?

I'm still not entirely clear what the larch arabinogalactan does, but I found a link - www.worldwidehealthcenter.net/category.php?prod=204

I haven't yet started on either of these supplements. I'm on 1 tsp of PC a day, 2x 600mg of butyrate, 2 tspsx of BodyBio 4:1 oil and the Detoxx diet.

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 9 years 1 month ago #15

....further to my last message, just read that lactoferrin is antifungal, which is a great shame because if I take anything antifungal I go nuts.....

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 9 years 1 month ago #16

just looking at my last-but-one post, I gave a link thinking it mentioned lactoferrin boosting glutathione. Looking at it again, it doesn't seem to. But this one does: www.healthe-livingnews.com/articles/natu...on_whey_protein.html

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 9 years 1 month ago #17

I'm getting a little confused now about undenatured whey protein, lactoferrin and glutathione - does anybody know if lactoferrin alone raises glutathione, or is it only whey protein as a whole that does it?

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 9 years 1 month ago #18

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hey John,

How are things? Making any progress with your treatments and being able to tolerate the supplements?

Lactoferrin is a transport protein for iron which carries it into the bloodstream from the gut. It also has antimicrobial properties bt I can think of no mechanism by which it would raise glutathione. The reason whey protein raises glutathione is because it is rich in the amino acid l-cysteine which is the rate limiting component of glutathione i.e. the amounts of l-cysteine available to the body determine how much glutathione can be synthesised.

I went to see Dr. Damien Downing in York last week and his staff are now arranging for me to have a battery of tests done which we agreed upon. As I suspected he uses Acumen already so I will be having many of the tests you had including the Mitochondrial Membrane TL and DNA adducts. Also I am having a fat biopsy that will be analysed under a microscope to determine cellular health and presence of toxins. I am also having a blood sample sent to Johns Hopkins University in the US who do a comprehensive analysis of lipids. This lab is the only one recommended by Patricia Kane et al in The Detoxx Book. I am having genomic studies done at Biolab looking mainly at methylation and detoxification-related genes/enzymes. Finally, I hope to have a series of immunological tests carried out by Red Labs in Belgium that will look for dysfunction that has been repeatedly found in ME/CFS patients e.g. NK cell number and function, TH1/TH2 cytokine imbalance, and RNase L abnormalities. Going to cost in the region of £1200-1500 altogether what is health worth? These tests should give me a good picture of what is going on.

I'll report back when I get my results if not before!

I had a test dose of the IV phospholipid and glutathione while I was at Dr. Downing's office as well, just to see if I tolerated it. Happy to report that I did so will be commencing a regular protocol when the test results are back :)

Look forward to hearing how you're getting on.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds