Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Please Help Me!

Re: 111 Views and still no responses? 8 years 8 months ago #7

Hey, I know it can be frustrating when people don't reply. I think people want to help it's just they struggle to have the answers or remember what they have read(I seem to forget everything and I spend my whole life re-reading information). I have read your post twice now and struggled to come up with something that will help you. One thing I remember is when I was researching into probiotics about 6 months ago I read that probiotics that aren't enteric coated will be destroyed by the stomach acid and therefore won't reach the appropriate place. Have you tried enteric coated probiotics? Here is a quote from Dr Teitelbaum taken from the link below

www.ei-resource.org/expert-columns/dr.-j...d-fungal-overgrowth/

'The pearl coating acts like a little tank—which protects the milk bacteria as they pass through the acidic environment of the stomach. Without this coating to protect against stomach acid, it is estimated that 99.9% of these yeast fighting bacteria will NOT survive the trip through the stomach'.

I hope this small amount of information is of some help. If I think of anything else I'll post again. I too had the metrametrix test and showed endolimax nana like you, morganella morganii which is an opportunistic bacteria so this shows immune suppression. I also had high levels of candida albicans. Unfortunately I can't treat these as of yet because I have developed MCS and am having reactions to medications/supplements. All the best, I really hope your situation improves soon.

Samantha xx
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 111 Views and still no responses? 8 years 8 months ago #8

Thanks so much for the info! Problem with the pearls is the low CFUs...highest one I found is 5 billion and they are very pricey for that dosage. I take HLC probiotics and the manufacturer guarantees 90% viability if taken with food.

Re: 111 Views and still no responses? 8 years 8 months ago #9

Ye I understand that the probiotic count may not be as high than in the probiotics that you are using however if it is true that 99.9% of probiotics that aren't enteric coated get destroyed in the stomach then it doesn't matter how high the probiotic count is. It's up to you but I would give it a try. Here is the link to the ones Dr Teitelbaum recommend, they are not a bad price and they contain 1 billlion CFU. Not to expensive and good reviews.

www.iherb.com/Enzymatic-Therapy-Acidophi...-90-Pearls/2238?at=0

Samantha xx
  • Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds