Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What to expect from Candida die-off?

What to expect from Candida die-off? 7 years 1 day ago #1

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
What symptoms have you guys had from trying to tackle candida? I've had serious allergic type shocks from anti candida drugs and herbs, so will try to tackle this permanant rumbling candida infection with diet, at least to start with... but what should I expect of die off symptoms, and how long before I see some results, in the experience of those who've tried it?

I'll be asking elsewhere too so will add any interesting info if it comes up..

Jodie
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What to expect from Candida die-off? 7 years 1 day ago #2

• Jodie
ah I think I just answered my own question :)

www.wholeapproach.com/newsletter/archives/2003/06_June.html

I'm going with that for now & will be trailling Candida-gobbling enzymes which I REALLY HOPE will help with die off symptoms
www.immunecare.co.uk/Candigest-Plus.html...riprICFSfMtAod9HYAiA

Re: What to expect from Candida die-off? 7 years 1 day ago #3

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
I am not sure Candigest Plus is thebest thing to help negate die-off symptoms Jodie, despite what their marketing might say. If the enzymes in the product work as they should in theory they will help to break down biofilms - the colony structures within which Candida and other microbes live. That being the case it might help you clear out the Candida but may actually worsen the die-off. Just my take on it. Sorry to be somewhat pessimistic!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: What to expect from Candida die-off? 7 years 1 day ago #4

• Jodie
hmmm... I'm also a little concerned about unintended consequences. "It can digest the protein nucleus of the candida organism to remove it entirely from the body.." is the protease enzyme also digesting stuff it shouldn't be? How can it tell the difference?

I'm asking around about this before I pay up the ££'s I think.

Re: What to expect from Candida die-off? 7 years 22 hours ago #5

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Protease is simply a protein-digesting enzyme so it will digest any protein present in the digest tract...including parts of Candida and other microbes (if there is protein surface exposed to the enzyme). The 5 other enzymes in Candigest Plus are carbohydrate-digesting enzymes including cellulase, hemicellulase and (I think) chitinase. The idea is that these digest the starchy cell membrane of the Candida cell and then the protease gains access and digests the contents e.g. the nucleus. I am not even sure however that this is a sound theory. The nuclear membrane in most cells is predominantly composed of lipids so you would need a fat-digesting enzyme (e.g. lipase) not protease.

All of the carbohydrate-digesting enzymes should help breakdown biofilms. The Candigest Plus ingredients are similar to those of a product named Interfase which is formulated specifically to digest biofilms.

The makers of Candigest Plus say the product was successfully trialled by The Candida Society. Unfortunately this organisation is no longer operating. Have you seen any evidence from this study? Did I miss it on the Immunecare website?

I would research all this more Jodie as Candigest Plus is certainly not cheap and I am not sold on it either being as effective as other antifungals - as an antifungal - or reducing die-off symptoms.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: What to expect from Candida die-off? 7 years 4 hours ago #6

• Jodie
Yes I will. I've had serious reactions to every antifungal I've tried so far: Diflucan, Capryllic Acid, Oregano oil. I was hoping this was a better option since possibly the terrible reactions were simply die-off and this seemed to hold out hope that there was less of the die-off. I will ask around, see what others think.

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds