Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Organic acid test validity

Organic acid test validity 3 years 6 months ago #1

• Sandman
  • EiR Newbie
A holistic doctor recommends me taking a organic acid test from Great plains lab. in the US.

I've been reading a bit on the topic (on here and elsewhere), he suggested it to find out what was going on in my system. I've read many having a high level of arabinose in the urine, but i cant find anything that helped the patient else. No link to why it is happening etc. Since i'm well aware of my candida problems, and to diagnose it yet another time wont help me further in my process.

So, is there anything in that test that actually can hint to what leads to candida'?

Sorry im so skeptical, but this particular guy makes so many errors, and is a bit quacky..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Organic acid test validity 3 years 5 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Urinary Organic Acids testing is used by the majority of naturopathic doctors (and nutritionists, herbalists etc) as a general screen for intestinal Candida/yeast and bacterial overgrowth these days. It also is useful for detecting many other issues as it tests for a range of metabolic markers involved with energy and neurotransmitter metabolism, for example. This allows your healthcare provider to build an overall picture of what is going on in your body and potentially causing symptoms. It can give pretty reliable pointers to more specific tests and treatment direction when combined with other data such as your symptoms, other test results you may have, and your medical history.

You're right that the arabinose marker is used only as further evidence of yeast overgrowth but that is only one of many markers included in the test so it's worth doing for all the other information it can give you in my opinion (I've had the test myself, albeit the Metametrix version).
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds