Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My Detox Profile from Genova Diagnostics - help!

My Detox Profile from Genova Diagnostics - help! 12 years 4 months ago #1

• BA88
  • EiR Newbie
Hi,

Unfortunately I can't upload images of results; the pixels are too great and file size is too large.

I have read a lot of Maff's stuff on Phase I and Phase II stuff. My phase I is over functioning. My environmental doc seems to think having a fast Phase I isn't a problem as long as none of the Phase II pathways a re under-functioning, which they are not, however having a fast Phase I sort of makes me a bit worried, as I know this involved P450 enzymes. My glycine conjugation is fast, with glutathione conjugation slow with both the glycination and glucuronidation ratio's high. My environmental doc has recommended glutathione to support glutathione conjugation, however I have read that the absorption isn't great in the GI tract? Not sure if this is true, maybe I should be taking NAC instead as I have read this works better?

I know I have a problem with heavy metals and not sure how this affects the detox pathways of the liver. I tried chelating with iodine a few months go and got some severe kidney pain, so I stopped (heck I had kidney pain without taking the iodine!). So I started taking the glutathione four days days ago at 250mg a day and amazingly the kidney pain disappeared! What a relief. I couldn't believe it. So I have started the iodine again two days ago and the kidney/lower back pain came back, I tried double dosing the glutathione when the kidneys got bad and the pain disappeared once again.

I'm not sure if I should be taking other supplements to support detox? I have considered taking milk thistle to slow down phase I however I know this also speeds up Phase II, I have some milk thistle left over from a while ago. Bear in mind I am also on a course of anti fungals, I know these need P450 enzymes to work, not sure how these would affect the results so I guess I would see what you guys had to say about all this?

Thanks in advance,
Good health,
Blair.

Post edited by: BA88, at: 2010/04/01 01:46

Post edited by: BA88, at: 2010/04/01 01:47<br /><br />Post edited by: BA88, at: 2010/04/01 01:49
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:My Detox Profile from Genova Diagnostics - help! 12 years 4 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi,

Welcome to the site and the forums :)

If you would like to upload your Detoxofication Profile results so we can get a better look you would be best doing so in a blog post (Click 'My Blog' in the User Menu when logged in). The blog system can handle images better than the forums. Also it would work better if you used image editing software to reduce the image and file size.

From what you have said your doctor seems to be contradicting himself. Yes, it's true that if Phase II pathways are all functioning optimally there is no problem with Phase I running a bit quickly as intermediate toxins produced will quickly be disposed of. However, if you have glutathione on the low side this is a problem as glutathione and the key enzyme glutathione peroxidase are vital to detoxification of pollutants and protection from free radicals.

Your results are interesting as they are exactly the same as mine were 10 years ago and I have big problems with Candida and SIBO. I intend to get re-tested soon.

Reduced Glutathione supplements are actually one of the worst ways to raise glutathione within the body. NAC is certainly a good option and both SAMe and phosphatidylcholine (PPC) are backed by large amounts of research and many members of the site have found PPC in particular to be of great benefit.

Since you suspect heavy metal toxicity I would suggest you stop the iodine (unless you are deficient and need it for thyroid function) and add alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) - this both chelates heavy metals and helps to recycle glutathione along with vitamins C and E so should help you in two ways!

With regards to antifungal treatment and CYP 450 - it really depends where the major fungal problem is. Many people who think they have systemic Candida/fungal actually have intestinal overgrowth and the systemic symptoms are brought about by absorption of toxins. Have you been assessed for this and if so, how?

Best of luck and keep us posted.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:My Detox Profile from Genova Diagnostics - help! 11 years 10 months ago #3

• BA88
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Maff/All,

It's been a while since the last post, completely forgot about it till now.Thanks for the advice on ALA. I think I will wait a while until I add this in. I had some tests run, hoping for some advice on top of what my doc has already said..

My hair mineral analysis shows high levels of arsenic, barium, mercury and nickel. Moderately high levels of cadmium, lead and aluminum and tin. High calcium and magnesium (although I'm told this reflects good intake). All other essential minerals are normal apart from cobalt and manganese are borderline high.

Result here - s36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/blairzz/?...sis.jpg&newest=1

Part 2 - s36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/blairzz/?...ont.jpg&newest=1

Urine test at rest shows high levels of arsenic, barium, mercury and nickel. Moderately high levels of cadmium, lead and aluminum and tin. High calcium and magnesium (although I'm told this reflects good intake). All other essential minerals are normal apart from cobalt and manganese are borderline high.

Result here part 1 - s36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/blairzz/?...1-2.jpg&newest=1

Part 2 -http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/blairzz/?action=view&current=Picture1-3-2.jpg&newest=1

Urine test after chelator (DMSA) shows high levels of arsenic and barium (almost the same as rest figures for rest urine). There is a substantial increase in lead. Also the same for mercury, a substantial increase after chelation. I suppose this goes to show how good DMSA is at removing metals. The other toxic elements are the same as the urine rest figures.

Result here part 1 - s36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/blairzz/?...re1.jpg&newest=1

Part 2 - s36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/blairzz/?...1-1.jpg&newest=1

Maybe this whole thing explains why I can''t tolerate zinc above a certain point, I also cannot tolerate Iodine, I used to use it at around 25mg but the same thing happened when I used zinc, bad lower back pain, headaches etc.

I started chelation yesterday with DMSA, 250mg a day, every four hours for three days, then four days off, as per Andy Cutler protocol. Getting some pretty bad headaches, could this be because my liver isn't working properly? I normally have to take dandelion and milk thistle 3 or 4 times a day to get rid of the headache (thats without chelation). But now I have trued this and the headaches persist. I saw a post about Cutler recommending glycine and taurine for bile secretion. I have always have a problem with bile secretion, high fecal fat content etc so I have been taking Ox bile and pancreatin for some years. Do you think it is worth trying glycine/taurine?

Thanks.<br /><br />Post edited by: BA88, at: 2010/10/11 00:55

Re:My Detox Profile from Genova Diagnostics - help! 11 years 9 months ago #4

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi again,

I have to say that the hair mineral analysis and provoked (after DMSA) urine tests are not considered particularly reliable so the resting urine test is the best indicator you have. So it does look like you have some heavy metal toxicity but I wouldn't put too much importance on the raised mercury and lead levels following DMSA administration.

It's interesting that you cannot tolerate too much zinc as this is a direct antagonist to the heavy metals and displaces them from the tissues. If this is happening then there would be elevated levels of heavy metals in your blood which might cause worsening of symptoms.

Taurine and glycine are often recommended since they are a component of bile salts so it is suggested taking supplements might increase the amount of bile produced. Personally they haven't had a noticeable effect in this area for me. I have had the best results using choleretic and cholegenic herbs such as dandelion, chinese bitters, artichoke...and particularly, tribulus terrestris. These really improve the colour and consistency of my stool and reduce abdominal pain and nausea.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:My Detox Profile from Genova Diagnostics - help! 11 years 9 months ago #5

• BA88
  • EiR Newbie
Yeah well I bought some glycine and it seems to of helped. I haven't tried taurine as I hear it is not great for candida. I guess your right about the overload of metals in the blood stream. I have been told phosphatidyl choline (from lecithin) help...

i was taking dandelion but I was told that the mechanism by which it stimulates bile from the liver is first by making it slightly toxic, I didn't think that was what I needed!

Please Review The Environmental Illness Resource on Google or FacebookPlease Help Support EiR with a Positive Google or Facebook Page Review!

If you like EiR and / or enoyed this content; please help us keep going by leaving a Positive Google Review:

https://g.page/r/CbAgn_56aqWaEAI/review 

OR:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ei.resource

P.S. This is entirely secure, we collect no data other than what is freely available from Google and you can remain anonymous!

Related Articles:

Mold Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds