Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Low dose Naltrexone for PAIN MANAGEMENT

Low dose Naltrexone for PAIN MANAGEMENT 10 years 6 months ago #1

• javan999
  • EiR Junior
  • Thank you received: 2
Here I posted a link from Wikipedia.org about what Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) is and what it is used for and how it works. Naltrexone is NOT a controlled substance or narcotic. It is not addictive and you do not build up tolerance to it. In fact at higher doses it is what they give to drug addicts to BLOCK endorphins in the brain and pleasure received from the heroin and alcohol. At low doses it temporarily blocks endophins for about 2 hous, then degrades allowing the body to naturally increase its own level of endorphins. It enhances endorphin sensitivity in your own body. You do not get high from it, but some people do experience better mood after a few weeks of taking.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_dose_naltrexone

I am taking it and am enjoying it.
I actually order it from an online pharmacy without a prescription. It is the only drug I take without a prescription for it. It is supposed to be very safe. Normal dose for what it is really approved for by the FDA is drug addiction at 50-200 MG per day. However low dose calls for at most 5-MG once before bed.

You can go to www.pubmed.gov and type in low dose naltrexone along with Fibro., or M.S., etc.

It costs around 50 cents per day, without insurance. I ordered it from cheapgenerics24.com... only one 50MG pill lasts me over 10 days.

It is supposed to lower iNOS, reduce Glutamate levels, as as an antioxidant, and enhance immune system function.

I hope others decide to give it a try for themselves.

Keep in mind the first day or so you may experience insomnia and/ nausea, but I can assure you this is normal and totally goes away and ends up helping with sleep by about the third day.

-Jason. (BTW- if anyone else tries this like myself, please post about your experience, I would like to hear.)

Yo<br /><br />Post edited by: javan999, at: 2010/01/28 08:09
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Low dose Naltrexone for PAIN MANAGEMENT 9 years 6 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hey Jason,

Hope you're doing well.

I just stumbled across this old post of yours. Sorry I never got around to replying at the time. 2010 was a crazy year for me!

It would be great to hear how you got on with LDN and if you are still taking it. I have been considering giving it a go for a while now but have been scared off it a bit by reports that it can initially exacerbate gut dysbiosis, particularly yeast overgrowth, which is a huge problem for me.

Given the low cost I may still give it a go at a low, low dose and see what reaction I get.

THanks,

Maff
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Home Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds