Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: newly diagnosed

newly diagnosed 12 years 1 hour ago #1

• GGS
  • EiR Newbie
Hi, I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia and am feeling kind of alone in my pain. I am getting the impression that people don't really believe that I'm in pain. Does anyone else feel sort of isolated?

Also my doctor offered meds but I chose to see a nutritionist. I figured I would at least try to see how well I can feel through natural methods before taking any drugs. I am also trying to stick to a moderate exercise program. Does this approach generally help or are drugs usually needed?

Do the symptoms worsen over time? Mine seem to be getting worse.

Thanks<br /><br />Post edited by: GGS, at: 2010/07/04 12:01
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:newly diagnosed 11 years 11 months ago #2

• bolam56
Hi GGS & Welcome!

My problem was chemical sensitivities, not fibro, but nutrition was what cured me and I'm a big believer in diet and supplements now.

Doctors and drugs surely have their place but I got only dead ends and frustration with them and I'm a medical technician myself.

Even if your quest ends in mainstream medicine, insuring you are getting the nutrition your body needs can only help and I think this is the best place to start.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to the forum.

Re:newly diagnosed 11 years 11 months ago #3

• GGS
  • EiR Newbie
bolam56

Thanks for the support. My nutritionist feels pretty confident she can help:)

Re:newly diagnosed 11 years 10 months ago #4

• Lizzy2
  • EiR Newbie
I have also just been told about this new and strange name call Fibromyalgia. I can hardly understand. Doctor printed out a 5 pages sheets of information for me to take home and read. I am so scare and feeling quite isolated as the pain is so severe all over and especially not been able to sleep at night and I cannot breathe so this is causing me so much anxiety and I am feeling so depressed about the whole thing.
Most difficult thing to explain to friends and my family about this. I mainly wants to know if there is any solutions or even to have hope of getting better through some form of therapy. Any positive suggestions to remedial effects.
The only thing I find helpful is have a soak in the bath with Bath Salt for 2o minutes twice a day. But is still not helping with my breathing and sleeping but relieve the pain at least.<br /><br />Post edited by: Lizzy2, at: 2010/08/18 15:09

Re:newly diagnosed 11 years 10 months ago #5

• Lizzy2
  • EiR Newbie
I have also just been told about this new and strange name called Fibromyalgia. I can hardly understand. Doctor printed out a 5 pages sheets of information for me to take home and read. I am so scare and feeling quite isolated as the pain is so severe all over and especially not been able to sleep at night and I cannot breathe so this is causing me so much anxiety and I am feeling so depressed about the whole thing.
Most difficult thing to explain to friends and my family about this. I mainly wants to know if there is any solutions or even to have hope of getting better through some form of therapy. Any positive suggestions to remedial effects.
The only thing I find helpful is have a soak in the bath with Bath Salt for 2o minutes twice a day. But is still not helping with my breathing and sleeping but relieve the pain at least.<br /><br />Post edited by: Lizzy2, at: 2010/08/18 15:11

Re:newly diagnosed 11 years 10 months ago #6

• GGS
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Lizzy2,

I found it very helpful to read as much as I could on the subject of FM. I also began an exercise program... very, very slowly. I began walking 5 minutes a day and now am up to 30 minutes. I also do the TTapp Basic Workout Plus. This has helped my muscles with pain and knots. I am going to return to my doctor and accept the PT script he suggested when he first diagnosed me. It is a process... what has helped me most has been my faith in Jesus and the prayers of my sisters in Christ. Oh and I have learned through experience that when I don't eat right, exercise and get enough sleep and try to run like I used too I get those feelings of anxiety and depression too. We CAN NOT let ourselves get over tired. Hope this has been of some help:)

• Page:

Related Articles:

Mold Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds