Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Has anybody tried helminthic therapy?

Has anybody tried helminthic therapy? 7 years 11 months ago #1

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi all,

I first heard about helminthic therapy a number of years ago but at the time thought it too outlandish and disgusting to try. It involves infecting oneself with helminths, which are "parasite-like worms" that take up residence in the human lower small intestine following infection.

The therapy itself involves placing live helminths of particular species on the skin so they may burrow through and make their way to the gut. I told you it was disgusting! But keep in mind these critters are only up to 1 cm / half and inch long when fully matured in the gut. The basis of helminthic therapy is that humans and helminths co-evolved and co-existed for hundreds of thousands of years and had a synergistic relationship. The helminths got a place to live and in return produced chemicals that helped to regulate the human immune system. A strong negative correlation has been found between helminth infection and allergies, autoimmune disease, and other immune dysfunction disorders (e.g. ME/CFS). Check out this world distribution map of helminth infection rates beside autoimmune rates for a stark illustration - http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/uploads/2012/5/12/1122334-13368327296724055-Iggy-Igette_origin.jpg

Anyway, after reading articles such as this one by William Parker, PhD, at Duke University I have really come around to thinking that as someone with allergic tendencies, chronic fatigue syndrome, and severe gut dysbiosis, helminthic therapy may be a good fit.

Has anybody had any experience with this therapy or know of others who have tried it? If so, which disease(s) was it used to treat and was it beneficial at all?

Thanks in advance!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Has anybody tried helminthic therapy? 7 years 11 months ago #2

• woodstock
  • EiR Newbie
hi maff! I am currently trying helminthic therapy. just hookworm at the moment.. to see if it helps my crohnes and MCS. I am nearly 12 weeks in. I'd really like to know how you beat your sensitivities.Rox.

Re: Has anybody tried helminthic therapy? 7 years 11 months ago #3

yeah, I tried it too. I am still using it for my Crohn's. You can find out more on my facebook page: www.facebook.com/Helminthic.Therapy
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Herbert Smith. Reason: typo

Re: Has anybody tried helminthic therapy? 7 years 11 months ago #4

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi guys,

Many thanks for your replies! From your Facebook page it looks like you are doing remarkably well Herbert, great to read that. Did you have any adverse reactions initially or has it all been positive?

Rox, how are things going for you after 12 weeks with the hookworms?
Re: MCS - I'd like to keep this thread on the topic of helminthic therapy but if you use the site search box (very top right of the page) with the keywords "maff mcs dhea" you should easily find a lot of my writings on my recovery from MCS.

Thanks again both!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Has anybody tried helminthic therapy? 2 years 4 months ago #5

• Jayeffess
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Maff, helminthic therapy is being used to treat over 100 different medical conditions, as you can see from the reports by self-treaters at this link.
helminthictherapywiki.org/wiki/index.php...apy_personal_stories

It's also likely that hosting a few helminths will help prevent a whole slew of degenerative diseases and other conditions related to the silent, chronic, low-grade, systemic inflammation to which we in the West are now falling victim.
helminthictherapywiki.org/wiki/index.php...rapy_for_well_people

Related Articles:

Home Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds