Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The best gluten-free pasta

The best gluten-free pasta 10 years 7 months ago #1

• jobaker
  • EiR Newbie
Hi guys,

I'm new here but just want to tell you what a great site this is, so much information. I hope the forums take off more!

I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on some good gluten-free pasta. I have found doing the gluten-free, casein-free diet has really helped me with depression/anxiety and PMS but am struggling to find a good gluten-free pasta. They all go really gooey!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anti Pollution Mask - U-Mask the best biotech respirator

ADVERTISEMENT

Re:The best gluten-free pasta 10 years 7 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Jo,

Great to have you with us :)

I don't know if you are in the UK, US, or elsewhere but here in the UK I have found that the 'Free From' range from Asda (Walmart) is far and away the best gluten-free pasta.

I had tried probably 10 different brands before this and all either became too starchy and clumped together (requiring the water changing mid-cooking), they had strange texture, or just didn't taste great.

Nearly all I tried used a mixture of corn and rice flour and the Asda product is the same but somehow the pasta doesn't stick together and tastes and feels almost exactly like regular wheat pasta. As a bonus it's also organic ;)
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:The best gluten-free pasta 10 years 7 months ago #3

Hi,

I'm in the US and suffer from Candida and IBS and find that eating a GFCF diet improves the way I feel a great deal.

For those in the US I recommend either Trader Joe's own brand or Notta Pasta both of which have good ranges of rice pastas, which I've found to be the best alternative to wheat. It doesn't get as sticky as corn-based types and is neutral in taste so soaks up the flavours of whatever sauce you are using. Notta especially has a great range with all the different types of pasta you might need for whatever recipe.

Re:The best gluten-free pasta 10 years 7 months ago #4

• jobaker
  • EiR Newbie
Hi guys,

Thanks for the tips. Sorry I should have said I live in Sunderland, England. I'll give the Asda brand a go Maff, thanks for the recommendation.

I bet plenty of people in the US are struggling to find a good gluten-free pasta as well speckledhen so thanks to you too, I'm sure others will find your recommendations helpful :)

I'll try to come back and let you know how I get on ;)

Re: The best gluten-free pasta 7 years 5 months ago #5

• chrisH
  • EiR Newbie
Sorry so late in response but try Trader Joes brand brown rice pasta, dont overcook it though. You can get it at any Trader Joes store. (We have them in the midwest U.S.) Maybe on their website also?
Also, Lundberg brand is good too.

Re: The best gluten-free pasta 7 years 4 months ago #6

• True
  • EiR Junior
  • Thank you received: 3
tinkyada which is available most everywhere is considered the best by most. I can not tell one bit of difference and have used it on occassion for guests and they could not tell the difference either. I actually prefer it. hth

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds