Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Advice needed on metal toxicity in the UK please

Advice needed on metal toxicity in the UK please 12 years 2 months ago #1

  • idkwia
  • idkwia's Avatar
  • EiR Senior
  • Posts: 45
  • Karma: 0
I have been suffering from an as yet undiagnosed digestive system problem for 19 months which gives me almost constant nausea and/or stomach discomfort. I have seen 10 GI doctors and had numerous tests but as yet not solution. I do not have IBS and I do not have any other symptoms.
I have recently tested my urine using a home testing kit which revealed that I have too much mercury.
I am aware that a home testing kit does not necessarily provide accurate results but at the very least it suggests further investigation would be in order.
I am here to ask for any advice people might want to give as to what to do next particularly from those who have been through the same process or doctors who know about this type of thing. I would be very interested to know if there are any places in the UK who I can trust to help me assess whether mercury is causing my symptoms.
I look forward to hearing from you.<br /><br />Post edited by: idkwia, at: 2010/04/17 09:14
The administrator has disabled public write access.



Re:Advice needed on metal toxicity in the UK please 12 years 2 months ago #2

  • Maff
  • Maff's Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 906
  • Thank you received: 24
  • Karma: 17

Sorry to hear about your health problems. They are familiar to most of us here so you're in good company!

It would be useful to know which tests you have had done by the GI doctors you have seen. Have all of these been gastroenterologists in the NHS or private practice?

Mercury is a huge problem since it compromises the so many metabolic reactions in the body and seriously impairs immunity - allowing pathogens to take hold. It may surprise you to find out that the gut holds the majority of the whole body's immune system so an impaired immune system invariably leads to overgrowth of undesirable bacteria, yeast and other pathogens that would normally be kept in check.

I recommend you find a doctor through the British Society for Environmental Medicine

I also recommend you read about the Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) and Intestinal Permeability (IP) tests which will give you a lot of useful information a gastroenterologist will not (assuming you haven't had these tests already).
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.


Related Articles:


Mold Testing & Sanitizer:







Time to create page: 0.142 seconds