Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: safety of chelation which one?

safety of chelation which one? 9 years 4 months ago #1

• blueskies
  • EiR Newbie
Hi,

I have just gone to a md in CA trying to figue out what is wrong with me, he tested for heavy metals with a chelation challenge urine test, don't have results yet. I have a mouth ful of amalgams 10 or so. I have a backround of exposure to comercial green house chemicals while growing up in the 70's.I also worked in a greenhouse as an adult total at least 30 yrs exposure. Other chemical exposures gas and oil wells leaked into the well water I drank as a youth and coal burning, played with that fasinating shiny mercury kept in a box in my room.
So I go to a dentist about the amalgam problem on monday . I also have an apt. with the only doctor I can find in UT where I live who does chelation. Which comes first the amalgam replacement or the chelation? Other problems I have:
thyroid hypo
hormonal imbalance estrogen dominate
Severe depresion/moodswings
Brain function problems memory,
learning difficulties,
can't find words I know I had
digestive problems severe diarreah 8 months now
Severe Insomnia, 3 yrs
Definciencies in vitmins and minerals
Adrenal Problems
Allergies
UTI
Just generally feeling like going insane
Any info is appreciated. I have been searching on the internet for 8 months now. Just can't quite retain what I've learned. Can't even type, my son is typing for me. Thanks, Waiting for Reply
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:safety of chelation which one? 9 years 4 months ago #2

• Dechen
  • EiR Expert
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Blueskies,

I have just gone through about 7 months of heavy metal chelation (you should read my previous posts from last year etc and see how sick I was).

I am in Az and found this amazing clinic here (there are also posts about that, SCNM); what the sequence of healing is here is, according to these naturopathic physicians:

1. get the amalgams out of your mouth - follow also the proper detox procedure and protect yourself from any free flowing mercury while getting them out.

2. chelation of heavy metals. I did mine through IV, EDTA and DMPS, under the supervision of an environmetal physicians. DO NOT self-chelate, being these products on the market - most of them are useless. Every time I got an IV of EDTA and DMPS, I also got glutathione and a bag of nutrients - vit C, magnesium, calcium. Oh, and make sure it is ca-EDTA and not magnesium EDTA.

3. after chelation of heavy metals, you can undertake chelation of pesticides, pollutants and chemicals of all sorts. My doctor had prescribed OSR#1, a new detox chelator on the market. But due to other health problems flaring up, I had to stop. This OSR#1 is very potent, it chelates heavy metals and chemicals from the fatty tissues where they are lodged. I remember having pain in my flesh for about 10 days at the beginning...

During these two procedures, you should support the excretory organs in your body, because it is not sufficient to dislodge the toxins, YOU MUST EXCRETE THEM. That means drinking lots of pure water, coffee enemas, infrared saunas, colonics (if you can stand them). This will help your detox tremendously.

But through all this, put yourself in the hands of a qualified naturopathic physician.

And good luck.

Re:safety of chelation which one? 9 years 4 months ago #3

• blueskies
  • EiR Newbie
I am so furious. I've spent an hour typing a reply and just lost it. My brain won't work. I understand you to say don't do chelation until the amalgams are gone, is that correct? I also understand the chelator ca-EDTA is the one to use? There is only 1 MD I can find in Utah who does chelation. I tried oral chelation for about a week. It nearly killed me and didn't seem to get rid of metals, just give me severe diarrhea and flu like symptoms. I have no support system. The people around here are of the opinion \"if you have enough faith, you will be healed.\" or that maybe I'm just crazy. I know i used to have a brain. Other problems that I have are B definciencies which I am taking shots for, but I'm confused about B-12 and Mercury. I understand that B-12 could be turning the mercury into a more damaging form of mercury, is that right? The MD in CA ran a test on stools two days and a blood test for liver function and to check genetics, he's of the opinion with certain genetics you lack enzymes that will help you excrete heavy metals. he did the chelation challenge urine test and also glutathione after the chelation. I felt better for about two days after the chelation challenge. If i could get over this depression and mood swings that are severe and gain some memory and mind, i could live with diarrhea and not complain the rest of my life. I have symptoms of fibromyalgia and have always been sensitive to chemicals. I was on anti depressants and such for over 20 yrs. got off of them 3 years ago through a vitamin company \"True Hope\" in Canada. I suspect that most of the supplements that i take are not digesting or absorbing. I've used the champion juicer for over a year on a weekly or daily basis. It seems to have kept me alive. My mother just died of Parkinsons in February 2010. The only support that i had by an adult was my 24 yr old divorced daugher. She lived with me with her 3 children for 2 yrs and recently got married. Now I feel she thinks I am just crazy. Where do people go for support with illnesses like this? How do they pay for medical? I can't work, I'm divorced, and have an 11 and 14 yr old. I need to be atleast partially functional for them. I fear losing them. If i do, there won't be reason for me to live. I have lots of joint pain and swelling that comes and goes whenever it cares to. I have a zinc definciency and a D definciency. Don't know what else. I am somewhere in Menopause according to a nurse practicitioner who tested for hormone levels, vitamins, thyroid and adrenal function. Adrenal test was a saliva test. A homeopath and naturopath think that i have an ulcer and leaky gut problem as well as candida. This is way too confusing. I did read your post from earlier this year. Thank you for responding to me. Any other info that you think is useful would be appreciated as my brain function isn't very good anymore.
Thanks again,
Sheila
P.S. How often did you have chelation done? Was it weekly? Did you feel better after it? I read where some people get worse after they have the amalgams replaced. What is your expierience? i can't afford to get any worse. My mood swings are too severe. I seem to get angry, frustrated and rageful at the drop of a hat. Is this common with heavy metal toxicity? Did you have insomnia problems, if so, are they any better after chelation? did you have racing thoughts? and heart? Did you taste metals in your mouth? how many amalgams did you have? Sorry for all the questions, but there is no one else to ask.Thanks again.

Re:safety of chelation which one? 9 years 4 months ago #4

• blueskies
  • EiR Newbie
sorry my insanity got the better of me

Re:safety of chelation which one? 9 years 4 months ago #5

• nara19
  • EiR Newbie
Hi,

your symptoms do sound like mercury illness.

This process (chelation) has to be done v. v. carefully.

1. First, do NOT chelate until after amalgams have been replaced. However, be CAREFUL about removing the amalgams and replacing them with white/composite fillings.

Amalgam removal is v. dangerous to the body, and could
considerably worsen your condition if not done right
(I am an example of that),
and the amalgam removal has to be done under strict
controls, so you don't ingest vapors. Here, the selection
of the dentist is the most important, take your time to
ensure that they know what they are doing, that their
office is mercury-free, and they are using something
like the Huygen's protocol to remove amalgams. Also,
since you are removing 10 of them, not sure if this
needs to be done over a period (of days, weeks), I have
no idea on this part.

2. Okay, once your amalgams are removed, you are on to chelation. Typically, this is started five days afer
final amalgam removal (and also after mercury is
removed in tattoos under crowns). The safest chelation protocol I know about is the Andy Cutler Protocol.

3. Your best bet is to gather of a lot of information. Do the following:

- Join the yahoo frequent-dose-chelation group, there is
a wealth of info there, and folks are v. helpful.

- Order Andy Cutler's 'Amalgam Illness' book. You may
also want to get his 'Hair Test Interpretation' book
at the same time.

- Do NOT get a urine challenge test to test for mercury.
Instead, get a safe Hair Elements Test from Doctor's
Data, see the files section on the yahoo group for how
to order the test (also how to get a 20% discount on
the test).

- Make sure you have found a dentist who knows a lot
about safe amalgam replacement, follows a strict
protocol (ask to read it) and checklist for the removal,
and knows about chelation, and the need for starting
it within a few days of final amalgam replacement.

Best of luck
/Nara

Re:safety of chelation which one? 9 years 4 months ago #6

• blueskies
  • EiR Newbie
Thanks for your reply ,I allready had a urine challenge test done. Are they acurate in diagnosis of heavy metals? The other tests done but not back yet were; a 2 day stool test to check for bacteria, yeast,and some other things to doctors data .The other test is for liver function and genetics @ being able to get rid of toxins. The DR told me ,if you were missing certain enzymes your body could'nt do this, and if I uderstand correctly it was dependant upon genetics.So now I wait and wait.What qualifications should the physician have?The ones I have seen have been through a program called ABCT, somthing or another sorry that sounds lame .My brain just doesnt cooperate any more.The things that seem to help are lots of protien in the form of whey protein drinks ,sounds crazy but I seem to need @ 200 grams of it a day ,not putting any weight or muscle on either. And high amounts of vitamin C. How hard is it to get disabilty for this kind of condition? Any ideas on what role yeast plays in this complicated web of confusion? The doctor I went to see in this state UT ,did not want to start chelation or anything until tests results were back.He told me to apply for disability ,he also said I had organo-phosphate poisening ,all those years in the greenhouses.What do they determine that with ? I cant find a test that they show up on if its a chronic condition verses a acute one. Thanks for the reply ,Sheila

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds