Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: barium

barium 10 years 2 months ago #1

• ocdfreak
  • EiR Junior
does anyone know of a good chelator for barium? seems hard to find. and could barium contribute to candida problems?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:barium 10 years 2 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi ocdfreak,

I'm afraid I've not come up with much for this. I had a look on various internet forums and EDTA was mentioned quite a lot, while DMSA, alpha lipoic acid (ALA), and inositol phosphates also came up.

The only actual research I could found suggests that EDTA is only a weak chelator of barium so is probably not much use ([urlhttp://www.springerlink.com/content/m55k8l9m23hqlbv1/]research abstract[/url]).

I was unable to find any research on the other chelating agents and barium during a quick search of the medical literature on Google Scholar but you might be interested in this post at CureZone.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:barium 10 years 2 months ago #3

• ocdfreak
  • EiR Junior
I came across those articles as well and posts the care zone form.I have even e-mailed on few doctors who know about chelation.but none have responded I'll just keep trying.thanks again

Heavy Metal Toxicity MCS 9 years 10 months ago #4

• Mariam
  • EiR Newbie
Hi everyone

Sometimes ago I read somewhere one could detoxify with Chlorella, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Milk Thistle however I cannot find that protocol anyone knows if these 3 should be taken together or should be taken one after the other? I would appreciate any comment in this matter. Also I got DHA 100mg could anyone tells me how many I should take daily and how long you think I should take it? Could DHA 100gm and Magnesium 200gm be taken together daily?

Many thanks
Mariam

Re:Heavy Metal Toxicity MCS 9 years 10 months ago #5

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Mariam,

Both chlorella and alpha lipoic acid are chelation agents that bind to toxic metals such as mercury. Because there is a danger with metal detoxification that the toxic metals are just moved around the body, perhaps from somewhere that isn't a problem like fat tissue to somewhere where they can cause a lot of harm such as the brain, it is best to work with a doctor on this.

You need to make sure not just that chlorella and alpha lipoic acid are binding to the toxic metals in your body but also helping to remove them from the body via urine and bowel movements. Timing and dosage is therefore important.

Here is an article I wrote on Chelation Therapy that includes ALA and Chlorella.

And here is an interesting response from an MD when asked if ALA removes toxic metals from the body - http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pharmacy-1407/2009/8/Chelation-therapy-ALA.htm

If toxic metals are not an issue then alpha lipoic acid and milk thistle are both good general detoxifying agents. They both increase levels of glutathione, the body's master antioxidant and detoxifying substance. Alpha lipoic acid is also a potent antioxidant itself while milk thistle improves the functioning of other important detoxification pathways and also protects and regenerates liver cells.

There is no reason why you can't take magnesium and DHA at the same time and the amounts you mention are quite low. It is certainly safe to take 500mg of each per day and perhaps more in the case of DHA. Does your supplement contain the omega-3 fatty acid EPA as well? It is EPA rather than DHA that seems to have the most beneficial effects in adults rather than DHA and the body can usually make DHA from EPA as needed.<br /><br />Post edited by: Maff, at: 2009/12/23 00:19
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds