Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seasonal Affective Disorder / SAD

Seasonal Affective Disorder / SAD 14 years 3 months ago #1

• Stu
  • EiR Newbie
Hi guys,

Well, I'm not a regular poster here, but after speaking to Maff for some time, and also with my mother, whose GP has suggested light therapy, I have come to the conclusion that I may suffer from a mild form of SAD.

It's mixed in with my manic depression, but means that over the last month and a half I have nearly lost my job twice.

I'm now on a final warning and am very stressed and anxious that I might lose another job through the same problems I have lost a few others.

I was wondering whether anyone has any experience if products like this one might help?
www.bodykind.com/productdetails/CatIDx67...e-alarm-clock-1x.htm

Thanks in advance, guys (and gals!)

Stu
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Seasonal Affective Disorder / SAD 14 years 3 months ago #2

Hi Stu,

I will follow your link when I have some time, but I wanted to reply first.

Global Warming is a Red Herring. If you ever watch NOVA on PBS they had a show called Global Dimming. There are so many particulates suspended in the upper atmosphere that it is actually cooling the planet.

What this means is that Global Warming would be worse if the dirt went away - but the dirt is there to stay and it has affected the quality and, for what I can sense as an artist, the color temperature of the light that reaches the surface.

Before I knew all of this, I bought Chromalux light bulbs for my lamps. They are Neodynium bulbs that simulate sunlight. They are made in Finland (you would expect those guys to be experts in lack of sun). I got them at the local healthfood store and put them where I spend most of my time. It took the edge off and they have been in use for YEARS. Normal incandescents are made to burn up so you buy them every few months.

The underlying problem may be more serious.

I had to get a Sperti Vitamin D lamp. Right away I noticed that my lip didn't dry out and peel off like a crusty banana during the winter. I would not be without it and it was worth every penny.

That may not be enough.

Our beloved FDA has held the population in FEAR that vitamin D is toxic. And well they should. It is probably the ONLY vitamin that will correct ALL of the damage done by vaccines and other toxins that have purposely been inflicted on us to keep us unhealthy. Experts are now saying that 2000 International Units per day is safe because that is what your body would normally make if it were in the sun. It needs to be in the form of D-3, Cholecalciferol or you are wasting your money.

I must admit that it took MONTHS for me to work up to a 2000 IU dose because I had so many problems and the human body needs time to adjust.

The other thing to consider with wide mood swings is exposure to mold. It can make you go Jekyll and Hyde within seconds of exposure. (That is a whole new thread). You can treat the toxic effects by taking Vitamin C.

Keep us posted. Hope some of this helps.

Re:Seasonal Affective Disorder / SAD 14 years 3 months ago #3

hey Stu,

i think it's a really good idea to try light therapy. a company i work with sells light therapy lamps like the ones you said about in your post (www.lumie.com). I was sceptical about these at first, but i've realised that they can genuinely make a massive difference, and don't have all the side effects of drugs, which is good! If you buy a Lumie one, they give you a 30 day home trial so if you think it's not working you can always send it back - probably worth a try?. I hope that is useful to you :)

Anna<br /><br />Post edited by: annablonde, at: 2008/03/13 15:17

Re:Seasonal Affective Disorder / SAD 12 years 3 months ago #4

• bushworlda
ghd pure white and ghd straightener purple are on sale, our web offers reasonable prices of ghd straightners.ghdpure white and ghd straightener purple are on sale, our web offers reasonable prices of
GHD straighteners.

Related Articles:

Mold Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds