Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Inositol for mood and sleep regulation

Inositol for mood and sleep regulation 11 years 1 month ago #1

• TheStache
  • EiR Junior
My doctor recently recommended I start powdered inositol to assist with some of the mood/cognitive/sleep problems that have become more and more pronounced as I proceed in my recovery--you really never know what that next layer of the onion will bring!

Recently, I have had fluctuating symptoms of feelings of fear, anxiety, uncontrollable repetitive thoughts, and depression that seemingly have no discernible trigger. I do not have a history of emotional disorders, and have used meditation and breathing exercises until this point to assist in calming these symptoms. However, symptoms have become so overwhelming that I needed additional assistance. I had tried Vitamin D3 (which made my symptoms worse), L-Theanine, and Mucuna pruriens to not much success.

Inositol, however, showed immediate effects for me at a relatively low dose of 600mg (compared to studies suggesting dosages up to 20 grams). It worked so well in fact, that for the first time in over a month I did not need to take Melatonin to fall asleep.

On the downside, I would not hesitate to say it worked TOO well, giving me an almost drugged up feeling similar to being on pain medication or being stoned. It was a relief not to feel the intense emotional feelings, but at the same time a bit uncomfortable to feel drugged up. I will most likely try half the dosage and see what results are obtained.

As always, hope this is helpful for folks out there and welcome any others who have experiences.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Mold Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds