Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods?

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 7 years 4 months ago #1

• Sammy
  • EiR Junior
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Guys having problems after moving into a new place(30years old) I think I'm reacting to the carpet cleaning chemicals(Post a 3year Mould Exposure a couple years ago; 2007 - 2010)

Have found despite 12months of avoidance Im now sensitive to chemicals; new paints; new MDF kitchens; New Carpets etc

Will recleaning in a Hypo Allergenic Manner help things??? - www.allaces.com.au/carpet-cleaning/aller...t-mite-anti-allergen

Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Sammy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anti Pollution Mask - U-Mask the best biotech respirator

ADVERTISEMENT

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 7 years 4 months ago #2

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi Sammy,

I know ppl who use lemon juice diluted in hot water in a Vax type carpet cleaner, have been meaning to try that myself as I can't tolerate standard carpet cleaner & we have a Vax. You could also try a steam cleaner, tho I think one that tackles large carpets properly might be expensive. Maybe you can hire them? Also try a search in the threads at Green Canary health.groups.yahoo.com/group/GreenCanary/ I think this subject has come up a few times.

Let us know how you get on!

Jodie

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 7 years 4 months ago #3

• Sammy
  • EiR Junior
Thanks Jodie. Will have a read on there site...

If had the energy that would be somthing could do I guess - Vax; lemon juice

Any insight on the company above? Would they be able to pull the chemicals out of the carpet?

Any input would be helpfull...

Thanks

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 7 years 4 months ago #4

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
If I were using a commercial company I would want them to steam clean OR would want to test their cleaning solution myself first. Otherwise u r taking a risk cos you don't *really* know what's in the solution. Also don't know about u but I can react to some so called natural products too.. eg essential oils don't do me any favours. I would stay out of the cleaned room for a day or 2 to let it dry properly & let any chems that have been shifted from the carpet air out. It does depend how sensitive you are too.. Sometimes I think I couldn't be naffed with all the precautions, & i'll put up with a couple of itchy nights and foggy days.
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Jodie.

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 7 years 2 months ago #5

• Joseph F
  • EiR Junior
you may find it is not only the cleaners but the carpet your reacting to . Some carpets are worse then others .Might try putting your face by it and seeing how you react . Also a hepa filter is so valuable with carpets ,keeps those little particles of stuff you cannot tolerate out of the air .

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 6 years 5 months ago #6

• Sammy
  • EiR Junior
Thanks guys

As it turned out the carpets were water damaged around the base of the windows due to the windows being left open during heavy rain, multiple times.

There was even some white mold growth, and I've the feeling that even if the mold isn't fully visible to the naked eye is still there, I will react.

They replaced parts of the underlay and sprayed the carpet with a antimicrobial but it didn't realy help. I ended up having to move out...

I still get itchy in an environment or home if the room is dark poorly ventilated and there is a moisture source close by adjoining - ensuit/bathroom etc

Nothing helps the itch/crawling skin redness/burning that MINUTE exposure to mold does to me it affects my lung capacity too and gives me breathing problems. I've tryed anti histamines montelucast inhalers but nothing helps :-(

Related Articles:

Home Water Filters:

50% Off Aquasana Filtration Systems

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds