Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods?

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 6 years 5 months ago #7

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
Mould can be evil.. there must be ways you can minimise it in your home environmnent. I would say the only antihistamine I've tried which kills itching is Zirtek, others don't seem to have any effect.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anti Pollution Mask - U-Mask the best biotech respirator

ADVERTISEMENT

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 6 years 5 months ago #8

• Kiahjo
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Sammy,
I've had to move out on more than one occasion for the same reasons. I bought a house a year ago and spent lots of money and had to sleep in a tent on my deck for the longest time before I could sleep in the new house. It is so frustrating, not knowing what it is we are reacting to and how to fix it. I spent $2000.00 to tear out some walls in the basement looking for possible mold. I now think my reaction may have come from carpet in a small hallway that had been chemically treated. When I tore it out, I got better very quickly. But still not healthy. Have you tried hydroxyzine/atarax? Good luck to you.

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 6 years 5 months ago #9

• Jodie
I know folks who use Safecoat products for carpets & other offgassing materials.. might be worth a try www.afmsafecoat.com/products.php?page=5

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 6 years 5 months ago #10

• Joseph F
  • EiR Junior
so you are ok with carpets , the mold/dust/dander was setting you off ? I was thinking you really cannot remove the chemicals from carpets .Still would sujest[if you haven't] as previous poster said get a hepa filter . get one with a carbon . if you have carpets your going to have bacteria of some sort floating about .

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 5 years 9 months ago #11

• Jodie
Bumping this up as having to look again at carpet cleaning. This is a system I have not come across before but might be worth a try - it's a dry cleaning system involving tiny sponges. There's some sort of detergent in there somewhere embedded in the sponges which may or may not be an issue, (they are selling on their certified 'green' credentials) - the company seem happy to send a sample for testing if you want one. www.hostvonschrader.co.uk/how-it-works . It's an American company but is available here in UK too.

Re-cleaning Carpet Via Hypo Allergenic Methods? 5 years 9 months ago #12

I found that the products from odorklenz work very well in getting rid of odors and fragrances from clothes and belongings. I use them for my laundry and I use the cleaner to clean my rugs once a month to make sure there are no transfered fragrances. the website isodorklenz if nayone wants to take a look, I just found a coupon for them that gives you 30% off if you use coupon code "Savings1" at checkout

Related Articles:

Home Water Filters:

50% Off Aquasana Filtration Systems

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds