Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Has anyone permanently cured themselves?

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 10 months ago #7

• petitepea
  • EiR Newbie
Here are some non toxic items I have been able to tolerate with my MCS while doing laundry.

Non-toxic Bleach Alternativehttp://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/10/a-natural-bleach-alternative.html

Ecos Free and Clear Detergent which is sold at Walmart and local health food stores as well as in a food co-op I belong to.

Borateem – I use this for stinky things like soured smelling towels, gym clothes etc. Top load use 1/2 cup for my front load HE machine use 1/4 cup

Liquid Softener Substitute – In place of liquid downy use 1/4 cup white vinegar in rinse compartment of my washer. (Because of my corn reactions have had to change this to organic apple cider vinegar.) I mix like to mix 15 drops of organic lavender essential oil into a quart of vinegar to leave a fresh smell. Shake bottle before each use. No vinegar odor is left and besides no harmful chemicals saves tons of money

Dryer Sheet Substitute- In my dryer I use organic wool dryer balls – I bought these and clothes dry faster and less wrinkled when dryer stops and takes care of static. My sister uses a wadded up ball of foil and swears it removes all static from her laundry. Dryer sheets are full of many toxic chemicals that spew into the air of your neighborhood and make it impossible for folks like me to walk outside. I ordered mine from Amazon
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007M5UBVY/ref...00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried ordering Eco- Nuts soap nuts but were out of stock so have not tried them yet.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 10 months ago #8

• BL
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 4
I have been recovering from MCS over the past couple of years using brain retraining techniques and am now 75-80% recovered and back in "normal life". After thinking I would be pretty much housebound the rest of my life it is a remarkable change.

I used techniques from Annie Hopper's and from Ashok Gupta's programmes , both of which are great value when one considers the cost of other treatments and the fact that both guarantee a refund if no progress is made after 6 months and the materials are returned.

I posted a bit more about my experience with brain retraining under "recovery stories" at AllergyUK www.forum.allergyuk.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1893 . You will see that it took me a while to get started with brain retraining and even then I have adapted the programmes to fit in with family responsibilities and took it at my own pace, but it as been effective.

I would encourage anyone with MCS to read as much as they can about brain retraining, study other people's recovery stories and really give considered thought as to whether it is worth trying. Annie Hopper recommends several books on her site www.dnrsystem.com . There are discussions about brain retraining at www.planetthrive.com and at www.limbicretraining.com . Brain retraining may not help everyone but the only thing one will waste by trying is time and MCS wastes plenty of that ! I am very happy to have this degree of recovery even if I get no further, but month by month I notice further improvements so it hasn't stopped yet.

Wishing you all the best, Brenda
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by BL.

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 10 months ago #9

• Joseph F
  • EiR Junior
Looking forward to hearing how the soap nuts work for you.i get mine from Naturoli . different to use at first . I found that there wasn't the wrinkle problem , Clothes just doesn't do that as much .I have theroy that it rinses out well . It is tough to find not stinky stuff . you probable did alot of searching to find all of those products . Buy the way get some of the concentrate that they offer [naturoli] A drop of that cleans things/stains I used to have to scrub and live with .

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 10 months ago #10

• Joseph F
  • EiR Junior
BL . Thanks for that info .Jodie put some stuff on it awhile back .I read through there web sight and realized I new most of the methods . I was doing NAC as a detox at the time so not certain where each method affected me . I noticed I did and do not react emotionally as much .Also the minor symptoms are virtually gone for alot of things .Also noticed though since I did not fear things I would hang out a bit longer and a funny thing was when I would find myself wacked the ability to put my finger on the culprit has become difficult .I am not registering things so quikly as dangerous .
Anyhow at this time I certainly am not as reactive . Still sure does bother me that if "others" who judge me could now say it is all in my head . Your post reminds me to start up on it again .

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 10 months ago #11

• BL
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 4
Joseph,
I think it bothers most of us when people judge us without applying any thought or curiosity about the inter-relationship of the mind,brain and body,and dismiss our condition as being " all in the head" ( A sloppy and emotive phrase - even the word " psychological" is used without any thought or definition by such people). I try to remind myself that this is their problem not mine and I'm not going to let that stand between myself and recovery. I find that people who are open- minded and open- hearted are really pleased for me, in no way judgemental and interested to hear about brain retraining.
It is probably easier not to worry about what people think so much now that I'm 65.

Since you have seen some changes already it is really worth continuing.You never know when the big shifts might occur, and anyway every new small freedom gained is a plus. I have noticed that when I apply techniques in a somewhat chemically challenging situation that also involves pleasure, laughter and distraction ( in my case taking my toddler grandson to activities) then more reduction in sensitivity occurs, sometimes with a blip where I begin to react a bit more again but overall progressing,so that one step back is followed by 2 steps forward as it were. It is more than 18 months since I have had any severe symptoms in normal everyday situations and now often do not have even any mild symptoms.

Best of luck, Brenda
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by BL. Reason: Adding on

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 9 months ago #12

• Joseph F
  • EiR Junior
Jodie -The ACZ nano ,there add sounds great .Did you actually feel any different .has it changed anything .

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds