Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MCS new and I don´t know where to start

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 5 years 2 weeks ago #7

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi folks, if you are in the US I've just had a recommendation for this practitioner annmccampbell.com - she will do phone consultations which will be a lot cheaper and easier than having to travel long distances, and obviously is knowledgable since she has had MCS herself.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawndy, jason34

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 5 years 2 weeks ago #8

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
For anyone who wants to learn more about genetic influences on MCS (genes to do with detoxing can be damaged amongst other things) there's a lot of info in this recent thread

groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GreenCanary/...sations/topics/33942

+ how to get yourself tested.

You'll have to expand the thread (there are a lot of replies). Also some good info on the connection between Mast Cell disorders and MCS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jason34

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 4 years 9 months ago #9

• Sinilind00
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Maybe it will come as a surprice that I say it as a co-sufferer, but I think that at least in my case the ilness in psychological cause. There are all kind of sensitivities that I have and scientifically it does not make sence to be sensitive to almost everything new

In addition to add medications the condition calmes down. The only thing I can´t take narcotic sedatives on a regular basis and these seem to help and not cause any additional sice effects.

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 4 years 9 months ago #10

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
I think you might start a debate with your perspective Sini but we're all about free speech and open to all ideas here at EiR!

Personally I think the multiple sensitivities do actually add up scientifically and can be explained by the 'central sensitization' theory (of the brain and CNS) and limbic system sensitization which are gaining a lot of traction in the research community with regards to MCS, ME/CFS, fibromyalgia and other 'invisible illnesses'. They also underpin the brain retraining systems that many members here have had excellent results with.

I am a recovered MCSer myself (5 years acute illness - 11 years recovered) and like you I also found relief using medications, particularly benzodiazepines - which I'm sure many others suffering with MCS will be shocked by! This too fits with the central sensitization hypothesis perfectly however as these drugs reduce/calm the overactive brain and in my case at least reduced the severity of reactions.

I believe my recovery however was down to avoiding all other chemical exposures over a period of years and addressing adrenal fatigue with DHEA and hydrocortisone replacement along with various nutrients and herbs. I did a lot to address detoxification pathway impairments also.

So I'm certainly not shocked by you getting relief using medications but I guess I am surprised you feel your illness is psychological. It's a personal subject so I completely understand if you'd rather not say - but was stress a major factor at the start of your illness and do you have other conditions that are clearly defined as psychological?
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 4 years 8 months ago #11

• jason34
  • EiR Newbie
Jodie wrote:
Hi folks, if you are in the US I've just had a recommendation for this practitioner annmccampbell.com - she will do phone consultations which will be a lot cheaper and easier than having to travel long distances, and obviously is knowledgable since she has had MCS herself.

That's great!

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 4 years 8 months ago #12

• jason34
  • EiR Newbie
Maff wrote:
I believe my recovery however was down to avoiding all other chemical exposures over a period of years and addressing adrenal fatigue with DHEA and hydrocortisone replacement along with various nutrients and herbs. I did a lot to address detoxification pathway impairments also.

Matt, i think i have also some detoxification pathway impairments and i am looking for more information about this subject. Did you made an article or blog about your journey on this?

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds