Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hardwood Flooring treated with natural beeswax

Hardwood Flooring treated with natural beeswax 5 years 2 weeks ago #1

On this site it is recommended treating hardwood flooring/furniture only with natural beeswax. Is natural beeswax sufficient to keep a wood floor clean/stain free? How do you apply it and how often? Also, where sells natural beeswax. I live in England. Does anyone have experience of this or know please?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anti Pollution Mask - U-Mask the best biotech respirator

ADVERTISEMENT

Hardwood Flooring treated with natural beeswax 5 years 2 weeks ago #2

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
You don't need to wax it very often at all. My daughter has a wooden floor and has not treated with anything in 5 years, she just vaccumes it and cleans with mild soap and water every so often. I think in any case oil is probably used on a lot of hardwood floors rather than wax.

I contacted Kahrs as we are having their engineered wood installed. The surface is laquered or oiled. I told them I can't do chemical cleaners so they recommended mild soap and water but not to let the floor get too wet - it should be dry within a minute to avoid the wood warping.

Here's their maintenance guide - consumer.kahrs.com/en-GB/Consumer/Instal...tenance/Maintenance/ this is engineered wood (layers of wood) tho, not solid wood. I would google a maintenance guide for a supplier like Boen who do solid hardwood (as well as engineered wood) if you want to know how to look after solid wood.

Hardwood Flooring treated with natural beeswax 5 years 2 weeks ago #3

Hello Jodie
Thank you for your reply and help.

Hardwood Flooring treated with natural beeswax 5 years 1 week ago #4

I would appreciate a reply please from this site regarding my question about their suggestions for hardwood flooring and using beeswax only on it and likewise for furniture.

Thank you

Hardwood Flooring treated with natural beeswax 5 years 1 week ago #5

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Barbararu and welcome to the site!

I have run this site alone since 2003 and much of the information was either written by myself many years ago or may not have been written by me at all. There are literally thousands and thousands of pages on the site so you will have to point me to the suggestions/article you're referring to - much of it has been provided by other organisations and individuals.

Since founding the site I have fully recovered from MCS - 11 years and counting - touch wood (no pun intended!). I found the best policy was not to replace any flooring or other furnishings at all unless absolutely necessary e.g. if known to be directly contributing to symptoms/illness. I made do with the same (old) carpets for the 5 years I was living in isolation and in recovery so the issue of replacing flooring thankfully was never an issue in my case.

Jodie has much more experience with this topic than I do so I will defer to her no doubt excellent recommendations on this.

If you can point me to the original recommendation you read on the site I'll look into it for you. If I wrote it then I'll have the references or book I cited them from somewhere and if not I can hopefully point you to the original author of the article. Either way, I hope you are able to solve your current flooring dilemma quickly and send my best wishes for a full recovery.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
Last Edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Maff.

Hardwood Flooring treated with natural beeswax 5 years 1 week ago #6

Hi Maff
Thank you for your reply. I am sorry if my post sounded impolite, I was not at my best that day and I did not realise there was just you running the site, gracious. I am glad to hear that you have completely recovered from MCS (all fingers crossed), its gives us hope.

I have dust allergy also, so removing the carpet is probably a good idea, but your experience has given me food for thought. The information was on a page entitled "Avoiding Toxic Chemicals in Environmental Illness" updated 23/2/2015. I get to it by googling that title in the search box. If you scroll down, there is a section heading "Which Materials are Safe to Use" and it says it under "Flooring" and "Furniture." I hope that researching it is not too difficult and many thanks for your help. I like that Winston Churchill quote.

Best Wishes

Barbararu

• Page:

Related Articles:

Home Water Filters:

50% Off Aquasana Filtration Systems

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds