Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hardwood Flooring treated with natural beeswax

Hardwood Flooring treated with natural beeswax 5 years 2 weeks ago #7

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Barbararu,
No need for apologies, I try to chip in with advice and support when I can but I'm working mainly 'behind the scenes' at the moment to maintain the site which takes up a lot of time. Luckily we have many other knowledgeable members who are always here to kindly offer help!

The page you've read is actually in need of some editing, updating and referencing so I'll make a note of that. Much of the information is still valid, it's just rather old and needs references - or at least links to further information.

Since you have dust allergies along with MCS I would probably agree and remove the carpets if I were in your position. Having said that there is a case for leaving things as they are so as not to risk adding to the toxic load of VOCs in your home by introducing new flooring. You could always put more measures in place to address your dust allergy such as using HEPA air purifiers and vacuuming regularly with a vacuum cleaner that also employs a HEPA filter. Maybe these are things you already do though?

If you do go ahead with hard wood flooring then you might want to look at the ECOS range of wood treatments. I used ECOS paint in a couple of rooms when I was chemically sensitive and it didn't cause any problems so I would recommend them as a brand. They design all of their products with MCS and allergy sufferers in mind (as well as the environment). In the UK I would recommend The Healthy House for all such products. Here's a link to the ECOS wood treatments - http://www.healthy-house.co.uk/category/organic-paints-and-varnishes

I do hope by spreading the word of my recovery it gives others struggling with MCS hope. I know many think it is a life sentence but I'm living proof that's not the case and I also know I'm not the only one to have recovered and been able to return to living "normally" - whatever that is these days!

Glad you liked Churchill's quote, it helped me battle on through my own darkest hours and I thought it very apt to our plight as EI survivors.

If you have any other questions or concerns about anything MCS or allergy-related, you know where we are :)
Best wishes,

Maff
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anti Pollution Mask - U-Mask the best biotech respirator

ADVERTISEMENT

• Page:

Related Articles:

Home Water Filters:

50% Off Aquasana Filtration Systems

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds