Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: pituitary gland

pituitary gland 11 years 3 weeks ago #1

• debg
  • EiR Newbie
Has anyone had any pituitary gland investigations? I went for a routine thyroid and hormone test and the results have come back as very low thyroid (TFT and T3) despite the fact I'm taking Thyroxine and T3 (!) and my FSH reading suggested I'm menopausal (I'm 44) while my cortisol level was sky high.

I asked for copies of my tests, to which he asked why?!!

My GP, who I swear is clueless, said he thought I have a Pituitary problem and is sending me to an Endo (again).

I'd love to know if anyone has had a similar?? I'm seeing Dr P at the end of the month but I don't feel that I can just rely on him as that's only every 3 months and things seem to go wrong much more quickly!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: pituitary gland 11 years 2 weeks ago #2

My suggestion would be to have a look at STOPTHETHYROIDMADNESS web site.

I have the book and there is everything you need to know .I bought this book along with me when i visited my GP and needless to say it went down like a lead balloon .I agree with you they are clueless when it comes to treating Thyroid (and just about everything else)

Really is great reading
Good luck
Robyn

Re: pituitary gland 11 years 1 week ago #3

• debg
  • EiR Newbie
Thankyou Robyn

Will buy!
My bookshelf is groaning!!

Re: pituitary gland 11 years 1 week ago #4

Blood tests for thyroid are not reliable. It is realised by some of the more enlightened Medicos that the blood results are not alway indicative of thyroid problems even tho a person may have all the symptoms of a subclinical thyroid condition (such as me). A good test backed by Dr Broda Barnes is the temperature test. Look it up as to how to do it and what it tells you. Also fluoride and amalgam have effects on the thyroid. Be aware of drinking from plastic bottles, the chemicals in the hair and skin products you use. Your skin is the biggest organ of the body, so it absorbs everything you put on it, even the detergents and wash powders you use. Also, if you have a weight problem, and can't manage exercise, cut out the starches. (rice,potato,pasta and bread). People are mistaken if they think that that is the only source of carbohydrates. There are heaps of vegetables that have the only carbs we need. When hypothyroid I have found that if I eat them, I put the weight on and can't get it off, even when exercising. If you eat starches don't involve ANY fats/oils at the same time. They can create an insulin spike that tell the body to hold onto the fats. Also look at the human growth hormone connection. Natural ways of stimulating the release of HGH are in using sandalwood, peppermint and lavender oils as well as goji berries, (source of protein).
It is important to be proactive about your own health, but it is difficult to try to investigate deeper and find clarification from our Doctors when we have to deal with their sometimes ignorant unwilling dismissive attitude who behave like demi-gods and don't want to bother. Be proactive about our own health, but it is important to do hours and hours (years) of research. I have done it the long way around, experimented on myself with different herbs and vitamin concoctions, (which of course I don't recommend) so have come to know the slightest change in my bodies chemistry. Look up the HPA axis (hypothalamus,pituitary,adrenal axis) just to familiarise yourself with the effects of stress on the adrenals that sit atop the kidneys, and how it effects the brain for hormonal responses. (positive and negative feedback systems). It is a good idea to learn about human biology and basic chemistry so that your understanding of the human body will be more clear. There are sites you can go to like educator.com, which I have paid a subscription to for study while at Uni (natural medicine, which I have found very difficult due to the cognitive difficulties and damage). Your cortisol levels generally need to be tested over the period of a day to get a general picture of what is truly happening. It is more reliable to do saliva tests for hormone panels and cortisol. I have been thru hell and back, but have come to a greater understanding about the endocrine system and how stress wreaks havoc on it. Consequently it has helped me understand why I have ended up in ill health with bouts of chronic fatigue, poor digestion, foggy brain, poor cognitive function etc and lately, the neuralgia and muscle pains, which are dependent I find, on my hormonal state. The progesterone has been a godsend for me. I had to resort to an online menopause site to treat me, and luckily I did, because my oestrogen levels were ridiculously high, which explains the fibroids, endometriosis and elevated CA125 levels. CA125 tests are best not to be confused as a diagnosis of cancer, which I only found out thru trial and error and many many scans and procedures trying to find a cancer. The radiologist told me that it can be a "false positive".

One thing that has done the most damage over the years and has anchored my ill health is the alcohol, which I never wanted to realise could be so harmful, but am finally coming to the place where I realise that even the drinks on the weekend are doing damage. At one stage I was having a couple of glasses of wine at night to try to get to sleep, but it was only creating more havoc. I became so tired I stopped running my 5 klms per day, which compounded the problem, and consequently have piled on the weight and need to lose around 14 kgs. There are wonderful kind Doctors on the internet who post articles. They are Dr Lowe, Dr Lam, Dr Ray Peat and Dr Ray Sahelian, BUT, they sometimes differ in opinions, so just keep researching down to the finest details. Coconut oil is excellent for supporting the thyroid, and has wonderful healing effects for the gut. (i have oesophagitis and it is lifesaver for the reflux) Also have recently discovered the connection between Vit D levels if low affects the thyroid hugely as well. SO, go to it, but be judicious on mixing herbs and medications and dosages, and times of the day to be administering them. I wish for you what I wish for myself. Try to stay off medications from the medical/pharmaceutical companies, find an excellent osteopath. I wish you all, GOOD HEALTH! I have only given information thru my own experiences and findings for myself.
Last Edit: 11 years 1 week ago by jazzdanca59. Reason: Refine the information.

Re: pituitary gland 11 years 1 week ago #5

• debg
  • EiR Newbie
Dear jazzdancar
Thanks ever so much for your reply- we sound so similar it is uncanny! Over the years I've spent hundreds of pounds on books, vitamins, alternative therapies and seeing doctors such as Dr Peatfield, who is wonderful! I have investigated thyroid and adrenals but my GP shocked me by saying it is the cascade from my piturity gland! Like he's got a clue!
Sometimes I feel I'm going round in circles, but year on year getting gradually worse!
Thanks for your support
Deb
Last Edit: 11 years 1 week ago by debg.

Related Articles:

Mold Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds