Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best treatment for hypothyroid?

Re:Best treatment for hypothyroid? 12 years 3 months ago #7

• petitpois
  • EiR Newbie
I have been hypothyroid for 20 odd years and have been on high doses and low doses over the years and have had various symptons with both
The one main sympton was i couldnt lose weight at all. I dont eat alot now as eating is my enemy as i tank the weight on on over 1000 calories. I do lots of excersise too
Anyway i am now on liothyroxine as well as my levothyroxine. I take 100 mcg of t4 and 40 mcg t3
My temperature has gone up from 35 to 36.5 and my pulse has changed from 48 to 61 bpm so things seem to be going well
I was wondering if anyone could help me with my test results as it is 3 weeks before i go to see my doc
they are serum free trio t3= 21.3
t4=12.7
tsh=0.02
i feel better than i have for 20yrs but what of my blood test results
thanx in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Best treatment for hypothyroid? 12 years 3 months ago #8

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi petitpois,

Welcome to the forums :)

Can you let us know which country you and/or the units your results are in. They are a little confusing.

If they are using the most common units it seems your TSH is extremely low while, your T4 can be considered normal, while your T3 is very high.

Did you go off your medication for a time before your blood tests as the results could be indicative of you being on the medication at the time.

If you're feeling good and your temperature is going up that's great but it may be time to reduce the dosages of your meds based on those test results.

You might find this page useful for interpreting thyroid test results - http://thyroid.about.com/library/howto/htthyroid-test.htm<br /><br />Post edited by: Maff, at: 2009/09/23 17:03
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

Related Articles:

Home Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds