Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Called for FSH results...

Re: Called for FSH results... 10 years 9 months ago #13

• clothcase
  • EiR Junior
hi Maff

Just to update you I have finally been referred yesterday by my GP. Probably helped that despite stomach problems following my recent operation and physically being unable to eat much I managed to gain 4lbs since I last saw him.

Wanted to thank you meanwhile for your support thus far and let you know the latest.

:-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Called for FSH results... 10 years 9 months ago #14

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you got the referral. Hopefully you will get somewhere now!

Not often a woman is happy to have gained weight. Definitely helpful in your situation though ;)

I saw my GP this week and have been referred to the local chronic fatigue syndrome/M.E. clinic (with the hopes of being referred to Breakspear) and a haematologist (due to chronic low blood cell count).

Hopefully we will both get the help we deserve from the NHS! Keep me posted :)
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: Called for FSH results... 10 years 9 months ago #15

• clothcase
  • EiR Junior
Hey Maff

LOL, no, I doubt there is many a woman who would want to gain weight. The fact that for me that for the last few weeks I have done nothing more than pick (still having digestion issues following the bowel op) and even then know that I am under in terms of calorific intake, to put on suggests (to me anyway) something out of my control which is what I have always and kept on saying to the Dr.

Initially, he was talking of going down the NHS route and he said that he wanted to warn me that he didnt think they would be very empathetic towards me!!!! When hubby said why cant we skip that and go private then his attitude changed. The Dr I am being referred to is known for diabetes but further research shows his work in endo too.

I sincerely wish you luck with your referral - how long is the wait for something like this Maff? How does this manifest in your life, how does it affect you? At least it sounds like you have a responsive GP - I am seeing all too clearly what difference that can make :-)

Anyway, I will end here as I have work then the appointment straight after. Bit worried cos all i have to take with me are a list of symptoms and my weight! I hope that will be all I need at this stage.

Take care

Re: Called for FSH results... 10 years 9 months ago #16

• Maff
  • Administrator
Hey,

I would say your intuition is right on this and you should keep nagging until somebody does something constructive to help you! Great that you are able to go the private route. That should speed things up a bit :)

My chances of a referral to Breakspear are next to nothing - but if I don't try they are definitely zero - so going through the motions. I have made more effort and spent more money on my own treatment than the NHS has in 20 years so in reality they owe me a referral at least!

Hope the appointmet went well. Let me know.

All the best.

Re: Called for FSH results... 10 years 9 months ago #17

• clothcase
  • EiR Junior
Oh Maff,

I certainly do wish you all the best. I work within the NHS on an administrative level and am at the sharp end of all the changes going on within. It is frustrating to me to hear that people like you who need help are not getting access to the right resources or are often misdagnosed.

One woman summed it up aptly to me in that dr's are often willing to diagnose and prescribe for the periferall things in terms of hormone related issues like Anti depressants, counselling and things which cand end up loads but cant pursue the very real avenue in terms of the symptoms the patient is suffering with.

I can only hope that you are sucessful in your quest for referral Maff. I am so doubtful of diagnoses and have been repeatedly asking the question about
alternative herbal medication. Someone on another website mentioned an Iridologist called who practices in Hull. I believe the initial consultation of an hour and a half is about £80, and he dispenses the Herbal concoction himself (Iridologists only diagnose, so to treat, many of them are Herbalists too). Apparently the person had started taking the concoction and the symptoms stopped but to be sure that she wasnt getting a placebo, she stopped taking the stuff and the symptoms returned so she is happy that the stuff is working.

Take care Maff and lets hope that your GP helps you.

Re: Called for FSH results... 10 years 8 months ago #18

• Maff
  • Administrator
Hi,

Sorry I haven't replied to this message earlier. I've been swamped with website problems (looks like I'll have to go back on benefits) and am just generally feeling awful and unable to function at the moment.

I did get a letter from my GP's surgery asking me to call them. When I did they said my GP wanted to talk to me about Breakspear. He is calling me on Thursday...so I am hoping it is positive news!

My experience has been the same as the woman you were talking to. Doctors are eager to prescribe antidepressants and counselling but just don't have the time or motivation to look for what is actually causing symptoms if the standard tests are negative or inconclusive. I went through at least five different antidepressants, all of which did absolutely nothing. Not really surprising since an antidepressant deficiency is not at the root of my health problems...

Iridology is not something I've had any experience with or know much about. I will have to look into it as I am sure at the very least it is an interesting subject. I used to be sceptical of complementary and alternative medicine but my illness forced me to become more open-minded - and I am glad it did. I actually completed a nutritional medicine degree last year.

I hope you had a good Easter and things are moving forward for you.

Take care.

Related Articles:

Home Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds