Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Graves Disease and hyperthyroidism and fatigue

Graves Disease and hyperthyroidism and fatigue 12 years 7 months ago #1

Hi there, I have an autoimmune disorder called Graves' Disease. It causes hyperthyroidism. So, now they are getting the thyroid levels back to normal and some of the symptoms are vastly improved, and I'm so thankful for ths! :)

However, I still am exhausted - in a recurring fashion. I get up, feel tired but otherwise ok, after 2 or 2.5 hours I'm so tired I have to go back to sleep. I sleep for 1-1.5 hours, then I can get up again and be close to normal for 1.5 or 2 hours again. And so on, repeat until night time. Sometimes, I have a sore thyroid, like right now. Usually during the tired periods, I can't think straight, can't remember things, simply have to lie down with my eyes closed and stay still for the duration.

Sometimes my heart feels weak, like, not related to the sleep/wake periods. I had palpitations and racing heart beat for awhile, but thankfully that has sorted itself out.

Anyone have any idea why I am so tired? I'm thinking this tiredness is not related to the thyroid actually. Because if it was, it would be improving as my hormones get back in balance.

Anyone know how to heal more? Thanks for any advice/ideas you may have.

Peace, Rachel<br /><br />Post edited by: rachelmacd, at: 2009/06/14 05:38
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Home Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds