Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sick Bldg and autoimmune Graves' Disease

Re:Sick Bldg and autoimmune Graves' Disease 12 years 6 months ago #7

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Rachel,

Nice to be the first Maff you've met :) My name is Matthew and friends and family have always called me Maff instead of Matt. I don't suit Matt and like to be different so that's fine with me!

Ah it's good that the issues I mentioned are being addressed by your naturopath and that you feel better when on the diet they have recommended. It is amazing what simple dietary changes can do for your health. Something sadly ignored by most of the medical profession.

I feel it is important that you have lab tests carried out to really get to the bottom of your problems however. I recommend the comprehensive digestive stool analysis (CDSA), urinary organic acids, intestinal permeability test, and detoxification profile. These can be quite expensive but mean you can target any treatment directly to your specific problems.

To learn more about these tests see the Useful Lab Tests page.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) causes a wide range of symptoms including persistent fatigue, muscle aches, headaches, sleep disturbances, cognitive difficulties (poor concentration, poor memory), digestive upsets, dizziness on standing or climbing stairs etc, and a general flu-like feeling that is always present.

However since you have been diagnosed with Grave's disease the symptoms you describe are most likely due to this rather than CFS. CFS patients often seem to do well on thyroid hormone replacement as they have low thyroid hormone output....the opposite of what you have in Grave's disease.

Oh and yes, I have lived in Leeds all my life!! I live in Harrogate now which is 15-20 miles to the north. Small world! ;)

Take care
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• Page:

Related Articles:

Home Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds