Review Detail

Forever Bright Aloe Vera Toothgel
Toothpaste
Written by Maff     August 05, 2009    
After trying a number of other "natural" brands of toothpaste I found this one in the local health store chain (Holland & Barrett - UK). I initially hesitated in buying it because it cost considerably more than some other toothpastes. I am now very glad I went ahead and took that first tube home!

This aloe vera toothgel feels very gentle on the mouth and I have to agree with the manufacturer that it is very soothing. I have often spat out blood while brushing my teeth due to bleeding gums but the occurence of this has been much reduced over the 6 months I've been using this product. It also leaves my teeth feeling fresh and shiny. Other natural brands have left a strange feeling on my teeth when running my tongue over them that put me off them completely.

Again as the manufacturer states their toothgel does indeed leave teeth looking white - very impressive considering the product contains none of the usual whitening additives.

Those with acute sensitivities may find sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium benzoate in the formulation to be a problem but if not this is a great toothgel.

Overall rating 

Effectiveness  

Ease of use  

Value for money  

Tolerability  

Would you recommend? 

Maff Reviewed by Maff August 05, 2009
Last updated: August 05, 2009
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (107)

I now use this toothgel every day!

After trying a number of other "natural" brands of toothpaste I found this one in the local health store chain (Holland & Barrett - UK). I initially hesitated in buying it because it cost considerably more than some other toothpastes. I am now very glad I went ahead and took that first tube home!

This aloe vera toothgel feels very gentle on the mouth and I have to agree with the manufacturer that it is very soothing. I have often spat out blood while brushing my teeth due to bleeding gums but the occurence of this has been much reduced over the 6 months I've been using this product. It also leaves my teeth feeling fresh and shiny. Other natural brands have left a strange feeling on my teeth when running my tongue over them that put me off them completely.

Again as the manufacturer states their toothgel does indeed leave teeth looking white - very impressive considering the product contains none of the usual whitening additives.

Those with acute sensitivities may find sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium benzoate in the formulation to be a problem but if not this is a great toothgel.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments