Review Detail

Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)
Immune Stimulators and Modulators
Written by Maff     July 23, 2010    
My 5 yr old son with autism, has spent 3 years battling food-protein-induced-enterocolitis, auto-immunity (rock-bottom T-regulator and T-suppressor cells, high Th2 and low Th1), allergies, etc. We have done every diet under the sun, supplementation, anti-microbials, etc. 3 months of treatment with topical LDN has restored his gut function so that he no longer has loose stools and is able to tollerate new protein sources. In addition to these unbelievable changes, we have seen an improvement in his ability to read and express emotion, complexity of thought, length of utterance for sentences, spontinaity of language, and pretend play skills. Truly, LDN has been a game-changer for my son. I'm excited to go back to the immunologist and get his labs rerun since starting this.
Overall rating 

Perceived Effectiveness  

Lack of side effects (tolerability)  

Ease of use  

Value for money  

Would you recommend? 

ASDMommyWG Reviewed by ASDMommyWG July 23, 2010
Last updated: July 23, 2010
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (2)

LDN for Autism and co-morbid FPIES/auto-immunity

My 5 yr old son with autism, has spent 3 years battling food-protein-induced-enterocolitis, auto-immunity (rock-bottom T-regulator and T-suppressor cells, high Th2 and low Th1), allergies, etc. We have done every diet under the sun, supplementation, anti-microbials, etc. 3 months of treatment with topical LDN has restored his gut function so that he no longer has loose stools and is able to tollerate new protein sources. In addition to these unbelievable changes, we have seen an improvement in his ability to read and express emotion, complexity of thought, length of utterance for sentences, spontinaity of language, and pretend play skills. Truly, LDN has been a game-changer for my son. I'm excited to go back to the immunologist and get his labs rerun since starting this.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments