1. Bero LA, Barnes D, Industry Affiliations and Scientific Conclusions, letter, JAMA 1998; 280(13):1141.
2. Chemical Manufacturers Association, Environmental Illness Briefing Paper, The Reactor 1990; V(4):1,2,9-13.
3. Novartis, http://www.novartis.com (10/25/00).
4. Rhodes D, Ciba-Geigy Corporation, Comments for the legislative education study committee, November 18, 1996.
5. Governor’s Committee on Concerns of the Handicapped, Report to the legislature on multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) pursuant to senate joint memorial 10, New Mexico, August 27, 1996.
6. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pesticide Programs, Public docket opens for diazinon, http://www.epa/gov/oppfead1/cb/csb_page/updates/diazinon.htm (10/24/00).
7. United States Environmental Protection Agency, Agreement reached to eliminate Dursban pesticide for nearly all household uses, http://www.epa.gov/epahome/headline_0608.htm (6/13/00).
8. Bowean L, EPA moves to end home use of pesticide but doesn’t pull it from store shelves, The Wall Street Journal, 6/9/00.
9. Aventis, http://www.aventis.com (10/24/00).
10. Monsanto, http://www.monsanto.com (10/26/00).
11. Pharmacia, http://www.pharmacia.com (10/26/00).
12. Zeneca, http://www.zeneca.com (10/29/00).
13. AstraZeneca, http://www.astrazeneca.com (10/29/00).
14. Physicians Desk Reference, 46 edition, Medical Economics Data, 1992.
15. National Pesticide Telecommunications Network, Pesticide manufacturer, formulator, producer, and registrant company information, http://nptn.orst.edu/manuf.htm (10/29/00).
16. BASF, http://www.basf.com (10/24/00).
17. Tempo 20 WP specimen label, Bayer Corporation Specialty Products, Kansas City, MO, 5/5/95.
18. American Chemistry Council, Member companies, http://www.cmahq.com/cmamembers.nsf (9/24/00).
19. Moran M, AMA rings up 3rd straight year of big financial gains. Amer Med News 1997; Dec 22/29:4, 6.
20. Rothman, JR, Medical professionalism, focusing on the real issues. NEJM 2000; 342(17), http://www.nejm.com/content/2000/0342/0017/1284.asp (6/10/00).
21. Bowman MA, Pearle DL, Changes in drug prescribing patterns related to commercial company funding of continuing medical education. J Contin Educ Health Prof 1988; (8)1:13.20.
22. Tenery RM, Interactions between physicians and the health care technology industry. JAMA 2000; 283(3):391-3.
23. Wazana A, Physicians and the pharmaceutical industry, is a gift ever just a gift? JAMA 2000; 283(3):373-380.
24. American College of Allergy & Immunology, Environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivities, diagnostic and treatment strategies, November 9, 1990, San Francisco, CA, brochure.
25. Sandoz Corporation, Sandoz corporation fact sheet, 86858/83 (Rev. 9).
26. Hileman B, Multiple chemical sensitivity. Chem Eng News 1991; 69(29):26-42.
27. Angell M, Is academic medicine for sale? NEJM 2000; 342(20):1516-18.
28. Winker MA, Fontanarosa PB, Letters: a forum for scientific discourse. JAMA 1999; 281(16):1543.
29. Kaiser J, Tobacco consultants find letters lucrative. Science 1998; 281:895-7.
30. Brennan TA, Buying editorials. NEJM 1994; 331(10), http://www.nejm.com/content/1994/0331/0010/0673.asp (6/24/00).
31. Ziman BR, Chemical Specialties Manufacturers Association, letter to Eric Dibner, New Mexico Governor’s Committee on Concerns of the Handicapped, 7/1/96.
32. Carruthers G, Staudenmayer H, Advancement of Sound Science Coalition, Analyze syndrome before making policy, Albuquerque Journal, 7/6/96, A11.
33. Carruthers G, Staudenmayer H, Chemical sensitivities: know facts, Las Cruces Sun News, 6/24/96.
34. Donnay A, Undisclosed bias and misrepresentations of Dr. Ronald Gots, MCS Referral & Resources, 8/15/96.
35. Environmental Sensitivities Research Institute, http://www.esri.org(10/11/00).
36. Donnay A, Junk science meets junk journalism, presented to the American Public Health Association, November 11, 1997.
37. Richard CL, Environmental Sensitivities Research Institute, letter to Eric Dibner, New Mexico Governor’s Committee on Concerns for the Handicapped, 6/19/96.
38. Environmental Sensitivities Research Institute, What is idiopathic environmental intolerances?, undated fact sheet.
39. The facts about multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS), American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation, 1997 (withdrawn).
40. Gots R, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. Hippocrates’ Lantern 1997; 4(3):1-5.
41. Dolin LH, How to marshal the power of the Americans with Disabilities Act to minimize your company’s exposure to liability to individuals seeking accommodations for “multiple chemical sensitivity disabilities”. Reg Tox Pharm 1996; 24(1):S168-S181.
42. Annals of multiple chemical sensitivities: state-of-the-science symposium. Reg Tox Pharm 1996; 24(1).
43. Ashford NA, Miller CS, Chemical Exposures, Low Levels and High Stakes (2nd ed.), Van Nostrand Reinhold, NY, 1998, p. 283.
44. Ibid., p. 284.
45. World Health Organization, Note to invited participants in “MCS” workshop, 21-23 February 1996, Berlin, Germany, 6/7/96.
46. Daubert vs. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals, Inc., 509 US, 125 L Ed 2d 469, 113 S Ct [No. 92-102].
47. Kailin EW, Brooks CR, Systemic toxic reactions to soft plastic food containers. Med Ann DC 1963; 32(1):1-8.
48. MCS Referral & Resources, MCS bibliography, http://www.mcsrr.org/resources/bibliography (10/24/00).
49. Transcript of proceedings regarding a motion in limine to exclude expert testimony regarding multiple chemical sensitivity, G.M. “Jeri” Rundquist vs. Long John Silver’s, Inc., 4/1/98.
50. Deposition of Katherine Jean Abernathy-Carver, M.D., G.M. “Jeri” Runquist vs. Long John Silver’s, Inc., Albuquerque, NM, February 16, 1998.
51. Cowin JJ, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, Theresa Canavan’s Case, Docket No. SJC-08226, 8/17/00, SJC Slip Opinions, http://www.socialaw.com/sjcslip/8226.html (8/28/00).
52. Ranalli R, SJC tells judges to evaluate experts. Boston Globe, 8/20/00, B01.
53. Hurvitz C, Division of Medical Quality, Medical Board of California, Department of Consumer Affairs, State of California, Decision in the matter of the accusation against Robert Sinaiko, M.D., No. 13 93 28495, OAH No. N 9611106, August 4, 1998.
54. Barrett S, A close look at Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Quackwatch, Inc., Allentown, PA, (undated), pg. 40.
55. Voorhees R, Deputy State Epidemiologist, Letter to Joe Thompson, Special Counsel, Office of the Governor, New Mexico, March 18, 1998.
56. Kreutzer R, Neutra RR, Lashuay N, Prevalence of people reporting sensitivities to chemicals in a population-based survey. Am J Epidemiol 1999; 150(1):1-12.
57. Voorhees R, Results of analyses of multiple chemical sensitivities questions, 1997 behavioral risk factor surveillance system, New Mexico Department of Health, February 8, 1999.
Please Help Support EiR with a Positive Google Review!
If you like EiR and / or enoyed this content; please help us keep going by leaving a Positive Google Review:
Review EiR on Google NOW!
P.S. This is entirely secure, we collect no data other than what is freely available from Google and you can remain anonymous!
Mold Testing & Sanitizer: