Written by a team of medical experts, Optimal Digestion offers new ideas and information based on years of experience by doctors dealing with chronic digestive disorders, including heartburn, colitis, Crohn's disease, diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, and many more.This guide provides a comprehensive understanding of thenewest patient-centered approach to healing, combining the best of mainstream and alternative treatments. Because this approach focuses on the individual rather than the illness, treatment is based on your unique makeup.Optimal Digestion will help you create an individual healing program using diet, nutrients, medications, exercise, rest, and stress reduction. Includes:
- Influences that throw your system out of balance
- Allergies and hypersensitivities
- Innocent foods that cause toxic effects
- The clues to your digestive problems
- A complete overview of how the digestive system works
- Nutritional strategies to improve your digestive health
- Essential information on strengthening your immune system
- A complete guide to digestive health that combines
expert medical advice, new and effective drugs, nutrition, herbal
supplements, and homeopathic remedies
- And much more!
About the Authors:
Edited by Trent W. Nichols M.D. and Nancy Faass, MSW, MPH, the author team includes Elson Haas, M.D., Richard Kunin, M.D., Efrem Korngold, Lac, OMD, Michael Rosenbaum, M.D., and Martin Rossman, M.D. All are experts of integrative medicine and published authors, contributing information in their specialties.