Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Supplements that feed Candida

Re: Supplements that feed Candida 11 years 5 months ago #7

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Ok have to hold my hands on this one guys. I was basing my opinion on a paper I had seen a while back and I have just found it againh and it was published way back in 1956! http://jb.asm.org/cgi/reprint/71/6/738.pdf

I've had a quick search on Google Scholar and it seems things aren't so clear. From what I gathered quickly it depends on type and concentration of cysteine/sulphur.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Supplements that feed Candida 11 years 5 months ago #8

• ocdfreak
  • EiR Junior
Actually i have had systemic candida for over a decade and i believe that suphur kills candida not vice versa. Many times i have taken supplements with sulphur and had huge die off reactions. Raw garlic is rich in sulpur and thats what kills candida. I have read allicin is a active component but its the sulphur that kills candida thats why raw garlic is antifungal. When u cook garlic the sulphur is broken down and it loses its antimicrobial action. Also i have read many places sulphur kills candida. I have had big die offs from raw garlic, MSM and other rich sulphur sources. NAC also does not feed candida, its actually helps your liver with yeast toxins by increasing glutathione. I think maff is talking about cysteine which is used to culture yeast which isnt exactly the same as NAC which is N-acetyl-cysteine.

Re: Supplements that feed Candida 11 years 5 months ago #9

• Viewpoint
  • EiR Newbie
Have any of you had any experience with Betaine HCL with pepsin? It seems a lot of us have absorption issues and therefore don't get the full benefits of taking supplements. It also kills candida (big bonus) and since I've taken it I've noticed a huge difference as I now believe I am able to absorb all the nutrients and vitamins from my diet which I wasn't able to at one time. Just wondering if anyone has tried this and found any difference to fight candida?

Re: Supplements that feed Candida 11 years 5 months ago #10

• ocdfreak
  • EiR Junior
Betaine is a great supplement for candida and other germs particularly for the stomach cause acid in the stomach kills germs. Betaine makes the stomach more acidic,...but, i would not take betaine hydrochloride if you have too much acid in your stomach already. If you take betaine with food and you get heartburn you know you have to much. Do a search on "betaine hydrochloride challenge", you will find a way to do a test with betaine to see if you need it or not and how much.

Re: Supplements that feed Candida 11 years 5 months ago #11

• Burkey
  • EiR Newbie
I am certain you meant Betaine HCL as that aides digestion. Whereas the benefit of Betaine is in lowering homocysteine levels.

Re: Supplements that feed Candida 11 years 5 months ago #12

• ocdfreak
  • EiR Junior
There are 2 types of betaine, betaine hydrochloride and betaine trimethyglycine, the one your talking about is betaine trimethyglycine which is the one that lowers homocysteine. I dont think betaine hydrochloride[HCL] lowers homocysteine. =]

Please Help Support EiR with a Positive Google Review!

Review 'The Environmental Illness Resource' (EiR) on Google

If you like EiR and / or enoyed this content; please help us keep going by leaving a Positive Google Review:
Review EiR on Google NOW!

P.S. This is entirely secure, we collect no data other than what is freely available from Google and you can remain anonymous!

Related Articles:

Mold Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds