Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Betaine HCL with pepsin

Re: Betaine HCL with pepsin (hypochlorhydria) 11 years 1 month ago #19

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
I wouldn't stick with 75mg of Zn for too long Bushi - that's quite a high dose unless you have a known deficiency. You need to be careful with minerals as they all interact...too much zinc can displace copper and iron.

Hope it helps with the suspected hypochlorhydria though...
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Betaine HCL with pepsin (hypochlorhydria) 11 years 1 month ago #20

• Bushi
  • EiR Senior
  • Thank you received: 6
Gents,

I was wondering If I could get your opinions. I have started to to take digestive enzymes along with my HCL tablets. I am currently taking 3 Acid tablets with my meals (650mgs) and I have just started taking 1 'Now' Digestive Enzyme along with 1 Biocare Forte Digestive Enzyme with each meal (so two in total).

My questions are:

Should I take the acid tablets after eating? And should I take the Digestive Enzymes before eating? will the Acid tabs affect the Enzymes?

I have read conflicting reports about when to take them. One site suggests taking the Enzymes 30 mins before eating to allow them to get them to where they need to be and then to take the Acid tabs 45 minutes after eating. But then I have also read the complete reverse. Confusing!!

And lastly do digestive enzymes normally take a while to start working? Or should it be instant. I've been taking them for two days but can't say I notice anything yet. I guess I'm very low on patience these days.

Biocare Forte contains the following:

Bromelain 153mg (providing 3600 gelatin digesting units (GDU's))
Lipase 39mg (providing 2100 lipase units (LU's))
Protease 18mg (providing 50.4 casein protease units (CPU's))
Amylase 15mg (providing 9000 amylase units (AU's))
Cellulase 13.5mg (providing 90 cellulase units (CU's))
Lactase 9mg (providing 1950 lactase units)
Lactobacillus acidophilus 9mg (providing approx 630 million cells)
Maltase 4.5mg (providing 3.6 amyloglucosidase units (AGU's))
Sucrase 3mg (providing 450 invertase units (IU's)

And 'NOW' DIgestive Enzymes contain:

Betaine HCl 200 mg *
Pancreatin 4X Supplying: 200 mg *
Amylase 20,000 USP units *
Protease 20,000 USP units *
Lipase 3,400 USP units *
Papain (2M USP units/mg) 50 mg *
Cellulase (1M FCC units/g) 10 mg *
Ox Bile Extract (45% Cholic Acid) 100 mg *
Pepsin Enzymes (NF 1:10M units) 50 mg *
Bromelain (2400 GDU) (from Pineapple) 50 mg *
Papaya Powder 45 mg *

I also take another 'Now' enzyme tablet just before I go to sleep for good measure.

Re: Betaine HCL with pepsin (hypochlorhydria) 11 years 1 month ago #21

• Bushi
  • EiR Senior
oh and one other question.... Do digestive enzymes cause die of reactions? I've had so much trapped wind that has gone on for hours. I didn't get it the first day or so...but for the last two it's been quite bad. Would they have an effect on candida or bad bacteria at all?

Re: Betaine HCL with pepsin (hypochlorhydria) 11 years 1 month ago #22

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Bushi,

Enzymes are destroyed by acid which is why bicarbonate is secreted into the duodenum to neutralise stomach acid and protect the digestive enzymes also released in the small intestine so they can do their job. It would therefore make sense to take digestive enzyme supplements 30 minutes before meals and away from betaine HCl to minimise contact with an acid environment. I don't understand the suggestion to wait 45 minutes after a meal to take the betaine HCl supplements as food doesn't hang around in the stomach for hours. I would personally take those WITH meals.

You should know whether digestive enzyme supplements are going to help quite quickly but I would give it a little longer yet before tossing them aside. You could also experiment with dosage.

In answer to your second post...yes. Some digestive enzymes in the supplements you're taking (e.g. cellulase) act to digest the cell wall of Candida so it's certainly possible they are causing die-off symptoms.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: Betaine HCL with pepsin (hypochlorhydria) 11 years 1 month ago #23

• Bushi
  • EiR Senior
Hey Maff,

Thanks as ever for the info.

I will take your advice and take the digestive enzymes 30 mins before.

I was just researching products for combating candida focusing on products that have cellulase like you mentoned. I came across two supplements that look promising and which you may have heard of.

1) Candex

2) Syntol

Here's a website that give you a good break down of both products. They can be found on amazon or iherb for anyone interested.

www.naturalcandidacleansing.com/Enzymes_For_Candida_Yeast.html

www.naturalcandidacleansing.com/Syntol.html

Thanks again Maff!

Re: Betaine HCL with pepsin (hypochlorhydria) 11 years 3 weeks ago #24

• Bushi
  • EiR Senior
I just came acrros this interesting article which at the end the dr mentions someting called Butytic Acid which I had not heard of:

"Another reason for intractable candida cases seems to be hypochlorhydria, or low stomach acid when candida and food allergies suppress acid and pepsin in the stomach. In the healthy individual, inhaled yeasts and candida are killed off by acid in the stomach, but when a person is suffering from low stomach acid, the yeasts are not killed off but can recolonize in the bowel. In this case, the treatment is to bring the stomach acid back to life with pancreatic enzymes at the beginning of meals for several months.

"Finally, sometimes the problem is a mucus membrane in the colon that is too thin and of poor quality. In my experience, the integrity of the intestinal membrane can be improved with the use of butyric acid."

Source: alternativemedicine.net/Health/Article/Q...ION_FROM_READER/5978

Please Help Support EiR with a Positive Google Review!

Review 'The Environmental Illness Resource' (EiR) on Google

If you like EiR and / or enoyed this content; please help us keep going by leaving a Positive Google Review:
Review EiR on Google NOW!

P.S. This is entirely secure, we collect no data other than what is freely available from Google and you can remain anonymous!

Related Articles:

Mold Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds