Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: dysbiosis IBS and severe gut dysfct please help!!

dysbiosis IBS and severe gut dysfct please help!! 10 years 7 months ago #1

• clare
  • EiR Junior
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all,
I am really struggling I have dysbiosis which has caused severe IBS. My bowel just does not function. I have had to cut all refined carbs out of my diet and am following the SCD diet at the mo just so my body can digest. I have leaky gut and leaky brain and am finding it hard to take probiotics as they cross the brain gut barrier and cause severe brain fog symptoms. My cdsa stool analysis came up with no growth for beneficial ecoli, 1+ lactobacillus 1+ bifidobacterium. and for additional bacteria haemolytic streptococcus 1+, pseudomonas aeruginosa 3+, klebsiella pneumoniae 2+, haemolytic ecoli 4+, streptococcus agalactiae 2+.
any help from anyone on what to do, I would be so so grateful. clare
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: dysbiosis IBS and severe gut dysfct please help!! 10 years 7 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Clare,

Sorry to hear you're suffering so much with dysbiosis and 'IBS'. That's a pretty extensive collection of bacteria that showed up on your CDSA! It's no surprise you also have increased intestinal permeability ("leaky gut") with low beneficial bacteria and that lot taking over...and no doubt Candida/yeast as well.

The first thing I would say is that the SCD is a good diet to be on in this situation. You might always want to look into GAPS and FODMAPS (search this site or Google them). Second...you need to know which factors you can work on to improve the situation. Antibiotics and certain other drugs can cause dysbiosis and/or leaky gut and liver/gallbladder problems or hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid) can also contribute, as can impaired immunity.

A basic plan I might use in your situation would be...

1. Antibiotics (or natural alternatives) to take care of the problem bacteria identified. If your CDSA included a sensitivity test it will tell you which agents are most suitable for the task.

2. A quality high potency probiotic such as VSL#3 or Mutaflor (only probiotic to contain beneficial E. coli)

3. If liver/gallbladder function are poor use herbs to promote bile production and excretion. If stomach acid levels are low use Betaine HCl supplements. The CDSA can give you clues here...high stool fat content indicates possible low bile output while high meat fibres indicates possible low stomach acid. Obviously work with your doctor to rule out other possiblilites e.g. celiac disease.

4. Address any factor that could impair immune function e.g. stress, nutritional deficiencies, lack of sleep etc.

5. Use supplements to help repair the gut mucosa. L-glutamine is important as are vitamin A, zinc and other nutrients. Perm-A-Vite from Allergy Research is the best complete formula.

I hope this helps somewhat.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: dysbiosis IBS and severe gut dysfct please help!! 10 years 7 months ago #3

• clare
  • EiR Junior
thank you so much for the reply i am currently fermenting mutaflor in homemade yoghurt and taking it daily. I am struggling to take probiotics that are too strong due to them giving me brain symptoms would VSL3 do the same? i took some urdos and could not even think straight. thanks again

clare

Re: dysbiosis IBS and severe gut dysfct please help!! 10 years 7 months ago #4

• True
  • EiR Junior
just thinking of a few things that helped me when I was at my worst..

bee pollen..teaspoon with every meal. I dont know why or how but it firmed up loose stools 100% and improved digestion when nothing else worked. It was amazing for energy and adrenals -unfortunately it worsened my insomnia otherwise I would still be taking it today.

juicing beets and onions -one of each one to two times per day, at first made things worse as it was clearing out then better digestion after about a week.

cut back on dairy and fats-these always made me worse.

apple cider vinegar

ox bile capsules in between meals - caused die of of "something" and made my gut feel better. Got rid of gas and achy joints permanently.

S.boulardii.- started absorbing my nutrients after I added this probiotic.

Sweet whey.. feeds good bacteria. I did a probiotic implant first. (see websters implant/sweet whey therapy) .

Iodine/lugols...just started this around three weeks ago. (and my thyroid tests are normal).
Wow, things are starting to turn around. (see iodine supplementation forum on curezone)

HTH

Re: dysbiosis IBS and severe gut dysfct please help!! 10 years 7 months ago #5

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things already Clare. Fermenting the Mutaflor is a great idea that in theory should increase its effectiveness through the multiplying of the beneficial E. coli (Nissle 1917 strain). Of course...you also save money!

I forgot to point you to a simple test that nutritionists often use with people to determine levels of stomach acid production. It can be done at home and requires only a tub of betaine HCl supplement. Here's some instructions.

True has some good suggestions too (some of which I've not personally tried) which might be worth a look at.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: dysbiosis IBS and severe gut dysfct please help!! 10 years 7 months ago #6

• clare
  • EiR Junior
Hi
Thanks so much for your help.. have you the protocol for the websters sweet whey therapy.
where can I purchase sweet whey from? is it casien free as i am not tolerating dairy that well.
thanks
clare

Please Help Support EiR with a Positive Google Review!

Review 'The Environmental Illness Resource' (EiR) on Google

If you like EiR and / or enoyed this content; please help us keep going by leaving a Positive Google Review:
Review EiR on Google NOW!

P.S. This is entirely secure, we collect no data other than what is freely available from Google and you can remain anonymous!

Related Articles:

Mold Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds