Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The 'Die Off'

The 'Die Off' 10 years 7 months ago #1

I am day 6 in to a wheat, yeast, gluten and dairy free diet due to candida overgrowth + epstein barr virus live in me. I think it's safe to say the 'die off' has begun already. Can anyone comfort me in how long i can expect this to last please? I feel like i'm getting worse by the hour today. I know it can obviously differ between people but just so i know ish what to expect. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The 'Die Off' 10 years 7 months ago #2

• jamison
  • EiR Junior
Heya,

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. Are you just on an anti candida diet or are you taking anti fungals too?

I am not a qualified nutritionist or doctor but I have been on quite a few anti candida regimens myself over the years (resolved now thankfully) and this sounds like a relatively strong reaction for just diet alone. Just my opinion.

Re: The 'Die Off' 10 years 7 months ago #3

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
I would agree with Jamison on that. You would expect an anti-Candida diet alone to reduce symptoms due to reduced gut fermentation and production of toxic waste products...since the Candida has a reduced amount of carbohydrate foods available to metabolise.

In my experience (personally and academically) it would be unusual for diet alone to cause a significant Herxheimer reaction. It is usually not enough to tackle the problem either, however.

We might be able to offer more insight if you could let us know if you are on any antifungals as well.

You have our sympathies as fellow sufferers/ex-sufferers!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: The 'Die Off' 10 years 7 months ago #4

Hello both and thanks for your reply. I'm so happy I came across this website, I have supportive family and friends but it's not the same as having someone say 'i know what you're going through'.

Anyway, it's just the diet at the moment. I'm seeing my nutritionist again in 5 weeks and think she'll be putting me on anti fungals from then. Is that when the real 'die off' begins then?! And then after the anti fungals, she's going to work on getting the high level of mercury and lead out my system but not sure how that's done.

Also, sorry I won't bombard you with questions, but she reckons i can eat potatoes, but a few sites i've come across say that there should be no potatoes in an anti candida diet - what worked for you?

Anya :)

Re: The 'Die Off' 10 years 7 months ago #5

• jamison
  • EiR Junior
Hi Curly,

Again it is important to emphasise that I am not a medical professional. However, if it were me I would want a diagnosis such as the one you have just stated to be based on hard, quantifiable test results. If you don't mind me asking, have you had any of these done?

Re: The 'Die Off' 10 years 7 months ago #6

Hey

Yes, I've had the following:

- Chronic Viral Disease Evaluation (blood test - Genova Diagnostics) which showed the epstein barr virus
- Gut Fermentation profile (blood test - Biolab) which showed high levels of ethanol
- Candida antibodies (saliva test - Genova Diagnostics) which showed a positive IgA antibody response
- Toxic Elements (urine test) which showed elevated levels of mercury, lead and barium

Are there any more that you'd suggest going for?

• Page:

Please Help Support EiR with a Positive Google Review!

Review 'The Environmental Illness Resource' (EiR) on Google

If you like EiR and / or enoyed this content; please help us keep going by leaving a Positive Google Review:
Review EiR on Google NOW!

P.S. This is entirely secure, we collect no data other than what is freely available from Google and you can remain anonymous!

Related Articles:

Mold Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds