Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Simple Methylation Treatment Protocol"

"Simple Methylation Treatment Protocol" 6 years 4 months ago #1

• Toom
  • EiR Newbie
I am thinking of trying Rich Van K's "Simple Methylation Treatment Protocol" (I am posting it here since I can't find it under the treatments section. Please advise if another forum is more appropriate for this post).

I find it described at link #1 (below) and a somewhat corrected version at link #2. However, I am still not clear on where to get some of these supplements. Any direction as to where to read more, and on what to buy and where to buy would be appreciated.

Note that I am NOT wanting to do the full Yasko protocol, but only the simple version or something similar to it.

Thanks much,
Toom

Links:
1) www.ei-resource.org/articles/chronic-fat...ic-fatigue-syndrome/

2) forums.prohealth.com/forums/index.php?th...l-the-basics.180787/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anti Pollution Mask - U-Mask the best biotech respirator

ADVERTISEMENT

"Simple Methylation Treatment Protocol" 6 years 4 months ago #2

• bro
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
I have taking a gene test and done Yaskos protocol (I am familiar with Rick too), but I have 2 x COMT++ mutation and this has to reverse the way one approach the entire methylation process. The problem is that COMT++ makes you sensitive to methyl donors, so instead of supporting with methyl you actually need to restrict this. Telling this in case someone feels lousy after trying Ricks protocol. Good luck to the rest of you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maff

"Simple Methylation Treatment Protocol" 6 years 4 months ago #3

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
You can get genetic tests done cheaply here www.23andme.com/health/ for $99 … tho due to FDA fussing you then need to go to a different site to have them interpreted, www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm

this info was copied from [email protected] groups:

The heartfixer site is only somewhat helpful if someone has punched the raw data from 23andMe into a program that translates the "greek" of the raw data into the "language" of the Gene polymorphisms that Heartfixer and other sites use.

But it is still available. You just have to now go through a second step process at a remote site to translate the information into a form you can use as the FDA is now forbidding 23andme to give out that information because they are selling the DNA test. (Nutso but that is the way the FDA works. You cannot give out health information at the point of sale of the data as they consider this making "health claims.")

First you get the DNA test and download the text file of the "greek" data. (In other words data that just gobbly gook sort of file)

Then you can pay 20 bucks at
www.mthfrsupport.com/reports-consults/order-reports/
to download that data file into their program to "translate" that data into Gene polymorphisms in the language of Gene polymorphisms that the heartfixer site and other sites like Dr. Amy Yasko's site talks about.
(www.dramyyasko.com/our-unique-approach/methylation-cycle/)

"Simple Methylation Treatment Protocol" 5 years 3 months ago #4

• petitepea
  • EiR Newbie
I am hoping as soon as we have the $99 to get my 23 and Me testing done. Since I have a JAK 2 positive gene mutation blood neoplasm (ET) I have wondered if not some other genetic things going one too. My ET causes me to always have high histamine levels due to the breakdown of basophils in the blood. Some others with similar symptoms have suggested i check out especially for CIt mutations and MTHFR. Several have suggested I have MCAD (Mast Cell Activation Disorder) rather than MCS but symptoms line up so much not sure they are actually much different from each other.
Any other thoughts on testing that may be helpful?

"Simple Methylation Treatment Protocol" 5 years 3 months ago #5

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Some great information in this thread everyone, shame there's been somewhat of a lengthy break between posts!

bro - That is excellent advice that many will be unaware of. I too have COMT++ and am homozygous for all the major methylation genes 2 x MTHFR variants, MTRR etc. Before I got the COMT++ result I was spending a fortune trying every methyl donor on the list hoping I'd be able to tolerate one and my reaction was idiopathic. COMT++ explained everything but does make treatment a lot more complicated. As a note to others it was mainly gut irritation that I experienced with methyl donor supplements so injecting is a way around this. However, Amy Yasko's book explains what bro said, that you need a different approach when you have COMT++ as well as methylation deficits.

petitepea - I would definitely get those genes tested if I were you. It might be possible to get them done individually cheaper than the whole 23andME profile but it depends if you want all of the other information as well. Along with the genes you mentioned I'd also look at MTRR (closely related to MTHFR) and COMT for the reasons mentioned by bro and discussed above. Please let us know your results when you get them and I hope they're helpful!

Just a quick addition/update to Jodie's information about 23andME - it is now available in the UK for £125 from www.23andme.com/en-gb/
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

"Simple Methylation Treatment Protocol" 5 years 3 months ago #6

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
There are several Facebook groups now which will go into detail about genetic mutations found in these tests. This is one run by a doctor concerning the MTHFR gene mutation

www.facebook.com/groups/230824260340671/

A few more sites for feeding 23+me info thru

livewello.com

geneticgenie.org

Related Articles:

Home Water Filters:

50% Off Aquasana Filtration Systems

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds